What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

So did Shurod Thompson make it to OSU? I thought I heard he was ineligible, but I can't find anything on it.

I don't know where to put this, but I think this is idiotic. Playoff expansion is an absolute must and it will happen before 12 years.

I'm not sure that the playoff will ever expand beyond 4 teams. What I think could happen is that we'll see 4 conferences with 16 teams, with each having a 2-round playoff to determine their champions. Then, those 4 champions would meet in the national playoff.

I'm not sure that the playoff will ever expand beyond 4 teams. What I think could happen is that we'll see 4 conferences with 16 teams, with each having a 2-round playoff to determine their champions. Then, those 4 champions would meet in the national playoff.
I think this is essentially the format that I would like to see. They would make a lot more money and bring a lot more attention by branding it the CFP Tournament with 16 teams in the field, but if they want to keep the "Playoffs" to 4 teams instead of re branding, that's fine too. Oh, and don't put anymore games of importance on NYE, dumb ****s!

Completely agree. Especially when it is essentially a 10-team playoff right now with conference championship games.
Except for the fact that it's not... I want to see every P5 conference have one, and one only, representative in the playoff, and because of the odd number a Wild Card or three. The current set up doesn't achieve that and that is where it falls short, IMO.

Except for the fact that it's not... I want to see every P5 conference have one, and one only, representative in the playoff, and because of the odd number a Wild Card or three. The current set up doesn't achieve that and that is where it falls short, IMO.
It essentially is though especially considering the Big-12 is going to a championship game this year. Obviously I would prefer the four conference setup but it's not terrible around here like a ton want to say it is. Stanford lost at Northwestern last year or else no one would be complaining about it. I have never been one to complain about selection committees so I don't really care.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet, but I don't think it can be posted enough. CU Video giving me goosebumps again.

EDIT: I NEED AN ADULT! How do I embed an effing tweet.
EDIT 2: YAY! Figured it out. That 4 year engineering degree that I squeezed into 7 years paid off.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet, but I don't think it can be posted enough. CU Video giving me goosebumps again.

EDIT: I NEED AN ADULT! How do I embed an effing tweet.
EDIT 2: YAY! Figured it out. That 4 year engineering degree that I squeezed into 7 years paid off.

Iron is quickly becoming my favorite new poster ahaha

A couple of Pac12 teams have had starters medically retire or quit.

Utah starting C Lutui has medically retired.

Oregon St starting TE quit the team.

LSU's Groza Award watch list Kicker is leaving because his scholarship wasn't renewed. He would be eligible immediately. I would say that we need to go get him, but that would be 4 scholarships on kickers...
We should definitely have MORE kickers on scholarship. It's a market inefficiency.

Fantasy-Keeper-Leagues-Taco2.jpg

A couple of Pac12 teams have had starters medically retire or quit.

Utah starting C Lutui has medically retired.

Oregon St starting TE quit the team.

Those are big hits. Especially for Utah, which is hanging its hat on its OL this season.

And OSU is just a mess.

Those are big hits. Especially for Utah, which is hanging its hat on its OL this season.
Their D will be solid as always, but their O could really suck donkey balls. They lost everyone.

They play an all or nothing schedule too. Hard games at home easier road games. I'm not sure what to expect from these guys.

Back