What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

What would you expect from a sports training academy where kids train for or play their sport for 6 hours a day, with academics are mixed in accordingly?

Its the exact opposite of a public HS!

Actually IMG is also known for graduating 98% of their students. Most go to Ivy league schools or highly ranked liberal arts colleges.

**** you wiz.

Actually IMG is also known for graduating 98% of their students. Most go to Ivy league schools or highly ranked liberal arts colleges.

**** you wiz.
Let's play a game, will the asshole ghost's response be:
A. Racist
B. Paternalistic
C. Misogynistic

My money is on a combination of A and B, but he could pull off the surprise hat trick.

**** you wiz.

I bet the IMG daily schedule really prepares kids for college athletics. They are forced to go to class when they have it, go to practice when they have it, do homework when they have an opportunity, etc. Interesting. Not to mention that they are housing some elite athletes going against each other every day.

I bet the IMG daily schedule really prepares kids for college athletics. They are forced to go to class when they have it, go to practice when they have it, do homework when they have an opportunity, etc. Interesting. Not to mention that they are housing some elite athletes going against each other every day.

Basically. Side note, many IMG kids go out of state. That school is pretty much a lifeline into florida.

Offer list for Terence Williams (Spoto HS, Riverview FL) includes; Duke, USF, UNC, NCSt, and UCF at the FBS level according to 24/7

[tweet]598218651662098432[/tweet]

Also offered Devaughn Cooper

Last edited:
I feel really good that CU is blessing so many kids. You can never have enough blessed young football players. Maybe, someday soon, one of these blessed young men will bless us in return. We could use a blessing or two.

Didn't take long to see an offer on this Las Vegas recruiting trip.

[tweet]600353980682670080[/tweet]

[tweet]600852015787282432[/tweet]

Terry has not retweeted or given his own confirmation. Also, none of the premiums have updated to a CU offer yet. Terry does have a CSU offer, but King tweeted on that 4 days ago so I doubt he's confused.

Anyway, consensus 4* OLB with tons of offers.

Would it be accurate to say that this cycle's offer behavior is a product of the limited # of scholarships available? It seems that 8-9 of every 10 offers we have out there are to consensus 4* players like Terry, where we virtually have no chance of landing the kid. I'm all for the "have to offer if you want to land them" mentality, but much of this seems like wishful thinking.

Would it be accurate to say that this cycle's offer behavior is a product of the limited # of scholarships available? It seems that 8-9 of every 10 offers we have out there are to consensus 4* players like Terry, where we virtually have no chance of landing the kid. I'm all for the "have to offer if you want to land them" mentality, but much of this seems like wishful thinking.

We have just as good a shot as CSU and SMU do for Terry. You launch these kinds of offers and hope to intrigue the kid enough to get him on a visit.

We have just as good a shot as CSU and SMU do for Terry. You launch these kinds of offers and hope to intrigue the kid enough to get him on a visit.

I'm completely fine with offering Terry, and think we should be offering every blue chip prospect. What worries me, I guess, is that a very small percentage of offers (at least it seems this way) we have out right now are to "realistic" CU caliber recruits, and we're not even guaranteed to land any of them. I just don't want them to miss the boat on some of the better, lower tier kids, that would most likely be coming to CU, by spending so much time on the blue chip kids.

I'm completely fine with offering Terry, and think we should be offering every blue chip prospect. What worries me, I guess, is that a very small percentage of offers (at least it seems this way) we have out right now are to "realistic" CU caliber recruits, and we're not even guaranteed to land any of them. I just don't want them to miss the boat on some of the better, lower tier kids, that would most likely be coming to CU, by spending so much time on the blue chip kids.

There is a lot of time left before you need to start getting worried.

Define "a lot".
Yea... I'm going to start getting real troubled we get through June with no commit from a decent QB.

If we get into the season (training camp) with no other commits, people should be very concerned. Not sky is falling concerned, but concerned.

Our coaches seem to view June and their mystical camp season as the "real" start to recruiting.

Define "a lot".

Considering signing day isn't until february...

Like snow said, no QB by the end of June I will get worried. As far as other positions, I would imagine a lot of the players we have offered won't commit until they take an OV. With that being the case I am ok waiting for a bit on those. We get to september with no other commits I will be concerned.

Why is this year seen as so much different from the Hawkins/Embree recruiting cycle. I may be wrong but I remember in those years we would have maybe 1 commit by June. And we have had at least 8 crappy years since the start of Hawkins

Back