What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Wow- 5 young men from the same school offered at the same time, late in the recruiting cycle; all evidently taking visits together? (More info about each in the article - http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/10/colorado_offers_five_players_f.html )-

"One of John Ehret's all-time greatest players went to Colorado and now the Pac-12 school has offered five more Patriots.

The college that helped send Kordell Stewart to the NFL offered John Ehret linebackers Michael Divinity and De'Jon Harris, athlete Ca'Ron Baham, defensive lineman Robert Green and safety Jarrius Wallace last Friday night.

Only Green isn't committed to another school – Divinity (LSU), Harris (Arkansas), Baham (Missouri) and Wallace (Central Florida) have all made their announcements public.

Ehret coach Corey Lambert confirmed all five players will take an official visit to the school together.
..."
Just saw on Rivals that Divinity decommitted.

Says he will be signing and enrolling early on his twitter. Says its down to LSU and TAMU

*Oops, was a minute late.
200.gif

OL and LB recruiting? The two biggest weaknesses on this team and as of right now, nothing coming in to shore either position next year. I do see 800 wr's in the mix though so that's a plus.

OL and LB recruiting? The two biggest weaknesses on this team and as of right now, nothing coming in to shore either position next year. I do see 800 wr's in the mix though so that's a plus.
There are no true ILB but there Akil Jones is already committed and then hopefully Maka qualifies. On top of that, you have Patrick Taylor, who plays RB, but has been rumored to potentially moving to LB. Those 3 are a move in the right direction at LB.

OL is still a major concern, although Hinter Vaughn seemingly could be a beast in 2017, but I'm just not sure any HS OL that CU was in on was going to come in and make an immediate impact. They needed a JUCO here and looks like they whiffed.

Think the coaches will try to find a JUCO OT again in 2017. Glaring need on this team. Would also guess they target safeties and inside linebackers from the JUCO ranks as well.

Think the coaches will try to find a JUCO OT again in 2017. Glaring need on this team. Would also guess they target safeties and inside linebackers from the JUCO ranks as well.

Almost have to. With some attrition, they'll need to go over 25 while balancing classes, getting immediate help for so many departing seniors, and be able to count some Jan enrolled back to the 2016 class which is well under 25.

Almost have to. With some attrition, they'll need to go over 25 while balancing classes, getting immediate help for so many departing seniors, and be able to count some Jan enrolled back to the 2016 class which is well under 25.

I expect 27-28 signees. Sound right to you?

I expect 27-28 signees. Sound right to you?

Right where I was at. Possibly getting a bit above that if we're including GS guys we sign in 2016 but who won't actually join the team until January of 2017. Already have 1 and I think that number could go up.

Daily Camera article (By Brian Howell) on Sam Bennion after coming back from his mission (and Starting at CU this semester.)- http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colle...-after-lds-mission-sam-bennion-set?source=rss

"
For nearly two years, Sam Bennion dedicated his life to his religion.

Throughout it all, Bennion was itching to get back on the football field.

"Football for me has always been kind of a drug," he said. "It's just something I love so much. I've been kind of sad not being able to play and compete. I've been kind of anxious to start again."

On Tuesday, Bennion will finally arrive at the University of Colorado, just in time for spring football.

A graduate of North Logan (Utah) High School, Bennion was originally a part of CU's 2014 recruiting class, but he immediately left high school for a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in Concepcion, Chile.
A second-team all-state defensive end in high school, the 6-foot-5 Bennion was about 240 pounds when he played at North Logan. He said he lost about 20 pounds between his senior season and the time he left on his mission, but "I stayed at about 220 pounds throughout my entire mission."

"

Now tied at #88 with texas state!!!
Wait a minute! You must look at average stars, not total points based on total commitments. So, guess what our ranking is based on average stars? Number ****ing 68!!!! Thank God we have the new facilities, otherwise we might really be at #88.

Back