What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Colorado Men's Basketball Roster & Schedule

The roadie at New Mexico is now 12/11 per the ABQ journal

It doesn't exactly "confirm" December 11th as the date.... "But according to a copy of a signed contract between Colorado and UNM, on Dec. 4 is when the Pac-12’s Buffaloes are supposed to play in Dreamstyle Arena—the Pit. It is unclear when that game will be played."

So are we just assuming it would take place on the following Tuesday, which is December 11th? I am going to be monitoring this info., as we are planning on driving to UNM game for sure! :D

It doesn't exactly "confirm" December 11th as the date.... "But according to a copy of a signed contract between Colorado and UNM, on Dec. 4 is when the Pac-12’s Buffaloes are supposed to play in Dreamstyle Arena—the Pit. It is unclear when that game will be played."

So are we just assuming it would take place on the following Tuesday, which is December 11th? I am going to be monitoring this info., as we are planning on driving to UNM game for sure! :D

They put out another piece that said 12/11 last week. We had to change our date because they have to play NMSU twice, which is weird to say the least.

Rumor has it we had a home & home with a P5 fall apart at the last second. Guessing that's where Omaha entered the equation.

P5 teams afraid to come to altitude and Tad won't go for the 2 for 1.

Yeah, we're in that awful position right now of not being a big enough draw that teams are willing to take the L at home. Hopefully the new system makes losses in Boulder look better.

Yeah, we're in that awful position right now of not being a big enough draw that teams are willing to take the L at home. Hopefully the new system makes losses in Boulder look better.
We have kind of been in that position since the KU win. Teams just don't want to take the risk.

I hope the weather isn't ****ed up for that game. Wish it was on a weekend but not a long road trip for me.

Ugh. At least it's a good year for a ****ty non con schedule for me. I may make one game

giphy.gif

I've always wanted to see them play like a North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, etc. Seen them play Carolina before in the tournament. Getting them to come to Boulder though, Idk?

The American Conference is now considered a "power basketball conference":confused:

A conference that has schools like Wichita State, Memphis, Cincinnati, UConn, and Temple can't be considered a power basketball conference? Houston and Tulsa have the potential to be good teams on a national scale. Even that conference ranked ahead of the Pac-12 last season and the Pac-12 is a power conference.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tball-conference-power-rankings-according-bpi

The American is absolutely a power conference in basketball.
Power 6

ACC
B1G
Big East
Big 12
Pac-12
SEC

I agree that with the addition of Wichita State it’s probably a P7, but until we see them put 5+ teams in the tourney it is hard to go there. AAC is more like the A10 - some years like the P6, some years with only a couple teams.

I hope the weather isn't ****ed up for that game. Wish it was on a weekend but not a long road trip for me.

Yes! Halfway cooperative weather at least = Road trip to New Mexico for sure!

UNM says tickets on sale sometime in October, of course (Talked to CU ticket guy and potentially will have access to away game tickets). Looks like Sections A, B, C and D are behind visitor bench. Close to their students.

Yes! Halfway cooperative weather at least = Road trip to New Mexico for sure!

UNM says tickets on sale sometime in October, of course (Talked to CU ticket guy and potentially will have access to away game tickets). Looks like Sections A, B, C and D are behind visitor bench. Close to their students.
Well, if their students are there, that ****ing place gets loud. Be prepared for the howling, it'll happen. Those folks have some pride in their bball programs.

Clearly the criteria are subjective, but I've never heard the American referred to as this before. I'm accustomed to the term "Big 6" being applied to the conferences @Buffnik listed.

Acknowledging that some of those teams have history, have any even made a sweet 16 as members of the American?

Who the **** is in the big east these days. Exactly.

That one school that's won 2 titles in the last 3 years? That conference that 6 total bids including two #1 seeds last year? Yeah, who are those guys?

The Big East is also absolutely a power conference in basketball. The way the American has changed, and the Big East has maintained it's prominence, they are both definitely power conferences now.

Agree with this. That league has a ton of tradition between Memphis, Cincy, UConn, and now Wichita. Seems like what killed our staff from a scheduling standpoint was the fact that we had to have any series we agreed to start in Boulder......which I don't fault the staff for. This season would have been a good one to start another home and home with Wyoming, though. That's an easy home and home to arrange (they'd probably have been good with Boulder this year and up there next year) and they're probably not going to be down like CSU or AFA are this year.

Back