What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 NFL Draft early entries

Sounds like there will be some good running backs available int he third or fourth rounds this year! :)

This could be a loaded RB draft class. Fournette & Foreman have declared. McCaffrey & Dalvin Cook are likely (but I haven't seen an announcement on either). From the Pac-12, Joe Williams will also be a good prospect. Royce Freeman and Kalen Ballage could also declare.

I wonder how McCaffrey's decision to go pro changes the outlook on Stanford next season?

I wonder how McCaffrey's decision to go pro changes the outlook on Stanford next season?

Bryce Love is a damn good RB. I think it mostly comes down to how Keller Chryst plays at QB and how well they replace Solomon (NFL early entry has to be a lock) along with so many seniors from the 2-deep of their front 7.

Bryce Love is a damn good RB. I think it mostly comes down to how Keller Chryst plays at QB and how well they replace Solomon (NFL early entry has to be a lock) along with so many seniors from the 2-deep of their front 7.

Not trying to doubt Love but it's difficult to replace the production that McCaffrey had in Palo Alto. If Stanford has to replace many seniors from a defensive front seven, it's difficult to see them making a bowl game next season.

bloom is off the rose IMO over at Stanford. I see them being able to compete as 7-5 ,8-4 teams. Don't really see them much higher ceiling than an Iowa with David Shaw at HC.

Bryce Love is going to be very good and they really do not need him to replace McCaffrey is Keller Chryst continues to get better. That team will be a contender next season. You have to understand how ridiculously front-loaded their schedule was this season, should not be as bad in 2017.

Bryce Love is going to be very good and they really do not need him to replace McCaffrey is Keller Chryst continues to get better. That team will be a contender next season. You have to understand how ridiculously front-loaded their schedule was this season, should not be as bad in 2017.
Check that - I just posted their crazy 2016 schedule. 2017 is way more manageable.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 39
I think the idea that Stanford was bad this year is a bit of a misnomer. 2 of their 3 losses came when they had a ton of injuries against some of the better teams in the conference. They first 9-3 and ranked.

I think the idea that Stanford was bad this year is a bit of a misnomer. 2 of their 3 losses came when they had a ton of injuries against some of the better teams in the conference. They first 9-3 and ranked.

It wasn't that they lost. It's that UW & WSU blew their doors off. Even with the injuries, that does make me question whether the depth is what it used to be. In the past, they were so physical that they could role out 2nd and 3rd team guys to keep pounding on you. Didn't seem to be that way this year even though they were still very good. They've also lost a number of excellent coaches who have moved on to bigger jobs.

It wasn't that they lost. It's that UW & WSU blew their doors off. Even with the injuries, that does make me question whether the depth is what it used to be. In the past, they were so physical that they could role out 2nd and 3rd team guys to keep pounding on you. Didn't seem to be that way this year even though they were still very good. They've also lost a number of excellent coaches who have moved on to bigger jobs.

It was notable this year that Stanford, Oregon and USC all began their seasons with QBs that were eventually replaced by better guys. Other teams that played these 3 early sometimes caught a break. On the thread topic, I'm not surprised that McCaffrey is leaving. Wish him well but I don't see him as anything higher than a 4th rounder. I'd like to see the Broncos end up with the Noles' Dalvin Cook if he declares, which I think he will.

bloom is off the rose IMO over at Stanford. I see them being able to compete as 7-5 ,8-4 teams. Don't really see them much higher ceiling than an Iowa with David Shaw at HC.
Not sure if I have the same opinion of Shaw that you do.

I used to question Shaw as well but over the years have come to appreciate what he does. This year they had a number of key injuries and suffered from sub-par QB play and still went 9-3.

History says that Shaw's teams go as far as his offensive and defensive lines carry them. They again have some young linemen who they will count on to step in. If they are up to their normal standard, and I expect them to be, then Stanford will win a lot of games by beating opponents up in the trenches.

It's nice to focus on guys like McCaffrey and Love but if the push and holes are there it doesn't take a great back to move the ball. Another year of development and a return to their normal standard of OL play and Chryst looks a lot better.

I'd like to see them slide but until proven otherwise I'm not counting on it with Shaw there.

Kizer keeps getting mocked into the 1st round too. I really don't get that one. He's got a good arm, good size, and he's an athlete, but the dude wasn't a great QB this year. No way I'd spend a 1st on him.

Kizer keeps getting mocked into the 1st round too. I really don't get that one. He's got a good arm, good size, and he's an athlete, but the dude wasn't a great QB this year. No way I'd spend a 1st on him.

Another sign of how desperate the NFL is for QBs.

Back