What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 coaching carousel

More chatter out of Pittsburgh about Sean Miller leaving Tucson for them-sounds like their boosters are committing to more money if Miller is their guy

More chatter out of Pittsburgh about Sean Miller leaving Tucson for them-sounds like their boosters are committing to more money if Miller is their guy
I can see why he'd want to go home. This is definitely the right time.

Is UA toxic right now for a HC search? I could see them having to go with someone from Lute's coaching tree like Josh Pastner who has a very uneven record but is still very young.

Is UA toxic right now for a HC search? I could see them having to go with someone from Lute's coaching tree like Josh Pastner who has a very uneven record but is still very young.

Pastner has his own issues right now-If I'm them and Miller leaves, I'd go with like a Miles Simon type with assistant coaches who have been there and done that.

Illinois St assistant Penny Collins is replacing Dana Ford as Tennessee St coach.

Dan Muller must be pretty good at identifying assistants - last year he lost 3 - Luke Yaklich & Deandre Haynes to Michigan - Yaklich is credited by Beilein for elevating Michigan's defense to #5 in the country. And Dean Oliver to Wisconsin.

Wow. I didn't think Mack was touchable because he was an Xavier guy. But I also didn't see him getting offered $4M per, so there's that.

Mark Titus was all over this on his pod the last couple weeks.

Wow. I didn't think Mack was touchable because he was an Xavier guy. But I also didn't see him getting offered $4M per, so there's that.

Very good hire for them, but not a surprise. If I was them, I wouldn't have cut Padgett loose had I had any concern whatsoever about Chris Mack accepting the gig.

Pastner would be a great hire. I don't like that idea. Didn't like the way we left Memphis however.

But, stoked they hired Penny Hardaway.

Didn’t Memphis drive him out?
Not that I recall, he had become salty with some of the media. His last season was not stellar but he had a top 25 team and won a Tournament game. Then he took the promotion to the ACC. The feeling ( as fans) was he had the program on the track to sustainable success. And then Tubby Smith happened.

Edit: the fan base is just getting tired of being a stepping stool athletic program. Calipari and Pasner in BB and Fuentes and Norvell (sooner than later) in FB.

Last edited:
Not that I recall, he had become salty with some of the media. His last season was not stellar but he had a top 25 team and won a Tournament game. Then he took the promotion to the ACC. The feeling ( as fans) was he had the program on the track to sustainable success. And then Tubby Smith happened.

I swore that everyone was upset because he "only made the tournament" and didnt' do more, but I'll also fully admit I barely pay attention to Memphis outside of Gary Parrish mentioning them on his podcast. Thanks.

I swore that everyone was upset because he "only made the tournament" and didnt' do more, but I'll also fully admit I barely pay attention to Memphis outside of Gary Parrish mentioning them on his podcast. Thanks.
The city does hold a basketball on a pedestal, and following Cal and the Memphis State successes it's a job with high expectations locally.

Memphis fans were thrilled Pastner left. He had a huge buyout and they couldn't afford to fire him. He was a great recruiter, but that well was starting to dry. Attendance during his first year was over 16,000 a game and his last year was just about 12,000. This year it was around 6,000 and the worst attendance in 50 years. The attendance drop and lack of even attempting to recruit were big reasons Tubby was fired.

Back