What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 CU NFL Draft & Free Agency Thread

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah called Colorado RB Phillip Lindsay "one of the fastest players that competed [in the East-West Shrine Game]."
Jeremiah refers to Lindsay as the "ideal change-of-pace back." During Saturday's Shrine Game, the 5-foot-7, 185-pounder led all-comers with 51 yards rushing. He's going to be docked for his size during the evaluating process, but offers strong vision and some upside as a kick-return man. Lindsay will likely see interest on Day 3 of the draft this spring.
Source: NFL.com
Jan 21 - 1:49 PM

If anybody can find a way to have a nice NFL career, I'd put my money on Phil. He's a straight up football player. Dude is a worker, those type guys usually do pretty well with whatever. Hope he gets in a good situation, he's busted his ass for it.

NFL.com article on 5 draft prospects who helped themselves the most:
Phillip Lindsay, RB, Colorado
Lindsay, Colorado's all-time leader in all-purpose yards (5,926), is the ideal change-of-pace back and can return kicks. When you're at games like this, you want to see who looks fast on the field, and Lindsay jumped out as one of the fastest players that competed on Saturday. He led all rushers Saturday with 51 yards on 12 carries.

And another:
Lindsay was one of the most productive running backs in the Pac-12 over the last two seasons, and it sounds like he's impressed scouts over the week. Teams are going to be nervous about his size (5'7/185) but his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and make tacklers miss make him a potential prototypical third-down back in the NFL. Jan 18 - 5:30 PM

Last edited:
Does Phil test well in shorts? Because the question arises is it better for him to have impressive numbers at CUs pro-day or have mediocre at the combine. I think Oliver will post crazy numbers and go much higher than we anticipate. NFL teams will fall in love with that caliber of athleticism.

Does Phil test well in shorts? Because the question arises is it better for him to have impressive numbers at CUs pro-day or have mediocre at the combine. I think Oliver will post crazy numbers and go much higher than we anticipate. NFL teams will fall in love with that caliber of athleticism.
Why would he test well at a pro day or mediocre at the Combine?

Why would he test well at a pro day or mediocre at the Combine?

Relatively speaking, and like stand out for cu, maybe have better results on his own turf. As opposed to having the combine pressure and being surrounded by that caliber of athlete. Not stating this as an opinion but more as a hypothetical

Relatively speaking, and like stand out for cu, maybe have better results on his own turf. As opposed to having the combine pressure and being surrounded by that caliber of athlete. Not stating this as an opinion but more as a hypothetical
Yeah it's possible, but he isn't a workout warrior anyways, so I don't expect him to put up eye popping numbers. As long as he's in the high 4.4s or lower 4.5s in the 40, and has solid numbers in the explosive tests (3 cone, shuttle, broad jump, vert), I think he'll be a late round pick or highly coveted UDFA. He's just a small guy who is going to be viewed as a niche RB and Special Teams guy.

Yeah it's possible, but he isn't a workout warrior anyways, so I don't expect him to put up eye popping numbers. As long as he's in the high 4.4s or lower 4.5s in the 40, and has solid numbers in the explosive tests (3 cone, shuttle, broad jump, vert), I think he'll be a late round pick or highly coveted UDFA. He's just a small guy who is going to be viewed as a niche RB and Special Teams guy.

I doubt Lindsay is a low 4.5s guy. McCaffrey was a high 4.4 guy and Kamara was a mid 4.5 guy. I think Lindsay is more like 4.60 - 4.65 if he were tested at the combine.

I doubt Lindsay is a low 4.5s guy. McCaffrey was a high 4.4 guy and Kamara was a mid 4.5 guy. I think Lindsay is more like 4.60 - 4.65 if he were tested at the combine.
Probably. If that's the case, he'll for sure go UDFA. He's a very productive college back who has good burst and quickness, but the NFL doesn't take kindly to undersized guys who test slow.

Probably. If that's the case, he'll for sure go UDFA. He's a very productive college back who has good burst and quickness, but the NFL doesn't take kindly to undersized guys who test slow.
I'm optimistic about a draft pick but realistically he's a camp guy who's going to really have to make some plays to hang around. Oliver, Leguda and Bobo seem most likely to be drafted.

Which may be why his agent wants him to focus on the pro day.

The combine focuses on the 40. It may be that at a pro day his agent may be able to move the emphasis into some drills that show his small area quickness over the 40 time.

Which may be why his agent wants him to focus on the pro day.

The combine focuses on the 40. It may be that at a pro day his agent may be able to move the emphasis into some drills that show his small area quickness over the 40 time.
He didn't get an invite to the Combine; it had nothing to do with his agent advising him against it. If you're a fringe draft player and get an invite to the combine, you go.

I'm gonna guess that Phil, Bobo, Shay and Ross have Sefo throwing to them at the CU pro day.

Back