What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 CU NFL Draft & Free Agency Thread

A lot of those numbers can be attributed to a certain woman beater who thrived with YAC ability. Smith is not known for stretching the field so Richardson is going to have to compete with Crowder, Thompson, Doctson, Reed (Smith loves TE’s more than anyone), etc. for looks. A lot of money, but not a good landing spot from a production standpoint, at all.

A lot of those numbers can be attributed to a certain woman beater who thrived with YAC ability. Smith is not known for stretching the field so Richardson is going to have to compete with Crowder, Thompson, Doctson, Reed (Smith loves TE’s more than anyone), etc. for looks. A lot of money, but not a good landing spot from a production standpoint, at all.

Last year's Smith looked nothing like ol' check down Alex we used to know. I was quite surprised at what he did last season.

Nate Solder looking at a big contract from the Texans or Giants. It will be weird to not see a Buff on the Patriots (unless they draft Oliver)

giphy.gif

It’d be sweet if Laguda ended up as a draft pick too. Would be 5 NFL DB draft picks in 2 years, with at least 3bof them being starters and possibly 4 with TT in Seattle if they end up shipping Earl Thomas out.

It’d be sweet if Laguda ended up as a draft pick too. Would be 5 NFL DB draft picks in 2 years, with at least 3bof them being starters and possibly 4 with TT in Seattle if they end up shipping Earl Thomas out.

The more I think about it I am getting a sense that somebody is going to get a steal in drafting Laguda late. The guy has been developing rapidly, is an NFL level athlete, and plays hard. MM has proven that he develops guys who play in the league.

The more I think about it I am getting a sense that somebody is going to get a steal in drafting Laguda late. The guy has been developing rapidly, is an NFL level athlete, and plays hard. MM has proven that he develops guys who play in the league.
It’s possible, but teams probably view him as a liability in coverage (which he is). Teams looking for an in the box Safety like Chancellor, Keanu Neal or TJ Ward might like him.

Very good possibility Earl is gone too if the chatter is correct.

We throw around the overrated and underrated a lot on this board, but he legitimately could be the most underrated player of the last decade.
Absolutely. One of the best lineman of the past decade that played on a bunch of terrible teams and made the league. Only household name from his time was Paul Richardson. Even the die hards have difficulty naming many guys from those rosters.

Looking at the video CU put out on Bryce Bobo linked on the spring practice thread reminded me that he has been a playmaker for us.

He isn't getting drafted, his 40 times will keep him from that and he didn't wow people with his overall production.

I do think that if he gets into the right camp though that he can make somebodies roster and get some production. A big advantage that he has is his size should let him be a more versatile and productive special teams guy than most UFA WRs will be and if you are going to stick in the league as a backup WR you have to be a contributor on coverage teams.

I think Bobo, Ross and Fields will all be in a camp as UDFAs with Fields as the most likely to make a team. He's the fastest and most explosive of the three and can fill the slot receiver role. Possibly the deciding factor for him making a squad would be his ability as a returner.

I think Bobo, Ross and Fields will all be in a camp as UDFAs with Fields as the most likely to make a team. He's the fastest and most explosive of the three and can fill the slot receiver role. Possibly the deciding factor for him making a squad would be his ability as a returner.

Of the three his potential as a pure receiver is probably the highest because of his speed. He would have to be a factor as a returner though because his build is light enough to hurt him as a coverage guy.

Bobo may actually be a better candidate as a slot than Fields though. Again Fields has that speed but the majority of NFL slot work is in tight space and Bobo is better in traffic, not the deep threat but will find the gap in the zone or tuck up in front of a LB, make the catch, and hold onto the ball with the hit while falling forward for the 1st down.

Should be interesting though to see how it all turns out, hope their agents can get each in a good situation.

Of the three his potential as a pure receiver is probably the highest because of his speed. He would have to be a factor as a returner though because his build is light enough to hurt him as a coverage guy.

Bobo may actually be a better candidate as a slot than Fields though. Again Fields has that speed but the majority of NFL slot work is in tight space and Bobo is better in traffic, not the deep threat but will find the gap in the zone or tuck up in front of a LB, make the catch, and hold onto the ball with the hit while falling forward for the 1st down.

Should be interesting though to see how it all turns out, hope their agents can get each in a good situation.
Bobo has never really played in the slot, though, and doesn't physically profile as that kind of player. Not to say a tall receiver can't play there, but Bobo is an outside receiver in my mind.

Bobo has never really played in the slot, though, and doesn't physically profile as that kind of player. Not to say a tall receiver can't play there, but Bobo is an outside receiver in my mind.

Be interesting to see. Fields tended to try to avoid contact at CU. His game was trying to run past people and get deep, not something NFL slot guys do a lot.

Pro slot guys do tend to be shorter than Bobo but they are also fairly solid, something Fields isn't. Bobo was also more willing to mix it up as a blocker than Fields, again an NFL slot duty.

Be interesting to see. Fields tended to try to avoid contact at CU. His game was trying to run past people and get deep, not something NFL slot guys do a lot.

Pro slot guys do tend to be shorter than Bobo but they are also fairly solid, something Fields isn't. Bobo was also more willing to mix it up as a blocker than Fields, again an NFL slot duty.
The blocking is a good point. Fields was by far the worst and least willing blocker of all the WRs at CU, and that could ultimately be his downfall at the NFL level.

Back