What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

So does mom still show up to work at her job at the First National Bank of Tuscaloosa on Monday? How does this work?

Man you beat me to that one. It was sad, then she came back in and hugged him. Did not like how they were all dressed in different gear, like they were each voting for the team they thought he should choose. stay neutral and then stay supportive you overbearing family members waiting for the cash to roll in from your cash cow athletes. Looks like mom was counting on something from Alabama, and just was not sold on Florida. I hope this kid lights it up.

This was just sad to watch, though. Kid looked so shook up that his mom stomped off.

There were comments by him that he'd spent all night crying and praying, hating that he had to decide his future in the next day. As a parent, I don't understand how mom wasn't supportive on this and wasn't his biggest cheerleader. It's a full damn scholarship to the University of Florida. It's her son. Get some ****ing perspective, lady. WTF is wrong with people?
C'mon, man, this was the biggest moment in HER life.

Assuming this is a walk-on opportunity.

Yep. Lot of interest in him, too. We didn't sign a freshman TE this year in addition to being Pac-12, so I'd have to think that CU looks like a great opportunity versus Fresno State and some other places that have invited him.

Another high quality PWO for the Buffs!

6'0" 185lb safety from Fairview who runs in the 4.7s. 70 tackles with 2 INTs and 3 fumble recoveries this year. LINK Another guy who could definitely compete to play on special teams and might develop into more.

Assuming this is a walk-on opportunity.

Looks like he was being recruited (as a PWO since he doesn't mention a scholarship) at Fresno and at Utah. Has scholarship offers from smaller schools.

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread and it fits. We are seeing a number of PWO kids this years who may have gotten CU schollies a few years ago. These are football players who are going to earn some time on at least special teams and who have a real chance of developing into contributors from scrimmage.

If nothing else the level of competition in practice is going to make a significant step up when these guys get here.

That was for show. Read many articles talking about how they had a fractured relationship even many years later (believe it was before he was drafted).

He’s turned out to be a nice player and should get paid after next season since he’ll be a UFA. Sucks that momma made it about her.

That was disappointing, feel bad for him. That said, I did see a clip where she came back and hugged him so maybe it ended well at least. It still shouldn't happen imho.

That was for show. Read many articles talking about how they had a fractured relationship even many years later (believe it was before he was drafted).

He’s turned out to be a nice player and should get paid after next season since he’ll be a UFA. Sucks that momma made it about her.
Agree with you there.

Back