What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 class priorities

Unleash Hell

What needs do we focus on for this class?

For one I think we need to keep working on our top in state kids. Need to sign multiple of the top kids in the state.
I would think we need to focus on secondary and O-Line in this class and sign at least 2 RB’s, especially if we don’t land Clayton.

In addition to secondary, Oline, and RB as previously stated:

QB needs to be a priority as well; keep pushing talented competition with more talent (Rubley)

DE -Need some youth here. Moose is gone next year and Lang and Alfano will most likely be departing to the NFL in two years.

I really like the balance in this class. I would like to see continued emphasis on this kind of balance. Get to 6 or 7 90+ recruits and get a five star. Position may not matter as much.

Positionally, I’d like to see two QBs. If it’s Rubley great. But with Rubley, we are betting on the come, his on field performance has not met his ranking. You can see his talent but that’s it as of know. I’d like a more dual threat style QB to sit behind Lewis

Second priority is still the trenches size and talent OL and DL.

Third, I’d like a minimum of 5 instate guys.

SKO Buffs!

What needs do we focus on for this class?

For one I think we need to keep working on our top in state kids. Need to sign multiple of the top kids in the state.
I would think we need to focus on secondary and O-Line in this class and sign at least 2 RB’s, especially if we don’t land Clayton.

How does the talent in-state compare next year with what we saw this year?

It’s interesting. There is not the OL talent that 2020 has. But I think it’s very deep. 247 had the top 11 that is flat out behind. They are missing lots of kids well on their way to big offers.

Rubley is listed as the highest rated player in the state. Brayden Wood out of Fairview is highly rated. But CU isn’t real interesed. Trey Zuhn is an OL kid that’s already committed to A&M. He is a beast!

Two incredible TE prospects. One is already CB to Notre Dame. And Ferguson from Heritage is waiting

Arden Walker a legacy DL from creek and a pretty strong CU lean and Chase Penry WR from Creek

Kids not listed.

Zhaire Jackson CB heavy hitter vCHS already offered at Cal

Jack Howell Athlete offered at CSU (most likely a safety

Two OL kids from the Dungeon not listed on 247 already gave high power 5 offers.

Maybe someone else may know when and how 247 updates? Maybe after early summer camp season.

It’s interesting. There is not the OL talent that 2020 has. But I think it’s very deep. 247 had the top 11 that is flat out behind. They are missing lots of kids well on their way to big offers.

Rubley is listed as the highest rated player in the state. Brayden Wood out of Fairview is highly rated. But CU isn’t real interesed. Trey Zuhn is an OL kid that’s already committed to A&M. He is a beast!

Two incredible TE prospects. One is already CB to Notre Dame. And Ferguson from Heritage is waiting

Arden Walker a legacy DL from creek and a pretty strong CU lean and Chase Penry WR from Creek

Kids not listed.

Zhaire Jackson CB heavy hitter vCHS already offered at Cal

Jack Howell Athlete offered at CSU (most likely a safety

Two OL kids from the Dungeon not listed on 247 already gave high power 5 offers.

Maybe someone else may know when and how 247 updates? Maybe after early summer camp season.

Why wouldn't CU be interested in Brayden Wood?

247 updates regularly. Reported offers are only part of the story right now. Schools will clearly make some players priorities in the next few months. I can pretty much guarantee multiple coaches (including Tucker) will be visiting in-state schools in January to get guys up to Boulder throughout the spring.

It justifiably took CU awhile to get its recruiting board set this past spring. That will not be a problem for 2021. In fact, by the second signing day, I am betting there will be some clear top targets.

i believe they are only going to have 14 spots or so if im not mistaken.......... not a lot of scholarship players graduating

i believe they are only going to have 14 spots or so if im not mistaken.......... not a lot of scholarship players graduating

I think there will be some overrecruiting of the talent that's already here and attrition that way (Think Sam Noyer types). We might not have 25, but I think we'll have more than this.

247 updates regularly. Reported offers are only part of the story right now. Schools will clearly make some players priorities in the next few months. I can pretty much guarantee multiple coaches (including Tucker) will be visiting in-state schools in January to get guys up to Boulder throughout the spring.

It justifiably took CU awhile to get its recruiting board set this past spring. That will not be a problem for 2021. In fact, by the second signing day, I am betting there will be some clear top targets.

Duff, I just don’t recall as a big of A disconnect between The early 247 listS and what I think will be the final top list of Colorado kids and what is going on In real time. It would appear that all the M&A activity between these recruiting sites is diluting the validity. It seems the sources need to be updated. We have multiple kids working with McChesney and in his unique command of the English language, It’s apparent he has no love for these agencies. But I candidly have no idea the source of their information It’s not McChesney, it’s not Jenkins, it’s not Fairchild. I’m not sure about Landow? But he’s so far removed from the day to day due to Bronco commitments. I would question the validity

Duff, I just don’t recall as a big of A disconnect between The early 247 listS and what I think will be the final top list of Colorado kids and what is going on In real time. It would appear that all the M&A activity between these recruiting sites is diluting the validity. It seems the sources need to be updated. We have multiple kids working with McChesney and in his unique command of the English language, It’s apparent he has no love for these agencies. But I candidly have no idea the source of their information It’s not McChesney, it’s not Jenkins, it’s not Fairchild. I’m not sure about Landow? But he’s so far removed from the day to day due to Bronco commitments. I would question the validity

I don't view McChesney as the arbiter of in-state recruiting, so I don't really care as much as you do.

All I am saying is McChesney has built a nice business and is helping guys get noticed, but I think too many people take his word as gospel.
^This.

I don’t question his football IQ or love for CU. No one should. But he does have a conflict of interest based on his business model of getting as many CO prep players scholarships as possible.

McChesney has a vested interest to pump up every kid that comes through his doors. He would be terrible at his job if he didn't. It's really as simple as that. Tucker and staff seem to have a good relationship with him, so I am sure he is mostly honest with them.

All I am saying is McChesney has built a nice business and is helping guys get noticed, but I think too many people take his word as gospel.
How much does a program like McChesney’s cost per month? I have no idea.

McChesney has a vested interest to pump up every kid that comes through his doors. He would be terrible at his job if he didn't. It's really as simple as that. Tucker and staff seem to have a good relationship with him, so I am sure he is mostly honest with them.
This is true and I agree. That said, he has a successful business because he produces a quality "product". While it should be taken with a grain of salt, his opinions should also be acknowledged.

It doesn’t say on his site, but personal training services will be $100-$200 per hour in this market at the HS level. He probably charges more to agents who are paying for Combine/Pro Day training.

The amount of money spent by parents on a monthly basis would blow your mind.

$300 to $700 per month based on the menu you select Some of the QB training can run 700 per month. 4 individual hours of one on one Throwing sessions. 4 group throwing sessions and about 8 hours a month of film work. This does not include any strength and conditioning. Slightly less fir skill positions and line.

QBs at big high schools in Colorado are heavily invested. Some as much as four to seven years of intense work. It’s a new world. One of the reasons these freshmen in college are ready when they arrive on campus.

Most of these kids starting in HS. (5A) are more trained on the intricacies of offense then their high school coaches.

Back