What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #3 seed Men's bball (Championship game vs. #5 seed OSU, scheduled Saturday, 3/13, 8:40 PM MT, ESPN)

Kudos to Eli for shutting down Bradley
Off game for Kin
With Eli having to go all-in on Bradley, Schwartz and Daniels needed to pick up the slack

We just seem to have stinkers at tournament time. But that’s perception that may not be fact.

Tad was really pissed over the fouls on 3 point shots. He said the one on Bradley is what got him going. Tad thought one of those 3 was a bad call.

He was ticked at the Pac 12 for not having a paper copy of the stats. He said, “I’ve never seen that before!” He was really mad.

I'm livid. I'm 100% I set my Hululive DVR to record that game specifically (I have CU in 'my teams' so it automatically records all games without me having to do each one, but it wasn't handling the tournaments well for any of my teams).

stayed up to watch VT lose last night, finished the Wisconsin game was all kinds of excited to watch CU while I finish off my Friday meetings.

nothing in the DVR for CU.

OK. After staying up until 3:00 a.m. I have to say the best part of the game was Tad calling the play for Schwartz to post up Bradley that led to him fouling out.

I don't like tournament Tad much--calling timeouts willy-nilly like some normal coach, but I'll take the win.

have to admit, that was my least favorite version of Bill Walton last night – don't think it's smart to have the same announcers call back to back games like that – they were like an old, unhappy couple throwing barbs at each other

I did love how much of a point they made to rail on the refs for mucking up the game flow, however

I'm livid. I'm 100% I set my Hululive DVR to record that game specifically (I have CU in 'my teams' so it automatically records all games without me having to do each one, but it wasn't handling the tournaments well for any of my teams).

stayed up to watch VT lose last night, finished the Wisconsin game was all kinds of excited to watch CU while I finish off my Friday meetings.

nothing in the DVR for CU.
Oops

Any win is a good win at tournament time. Survive and advance.

I just have to add my comment about the PAC 12 refs. They destroyed the flow of both the CU game and the previous USC-Utah game, as well as several other games this season.

The thing is, this has been happening for years in the conference. I finally gave up my season tickets because of it. How can this league continue to allow the obvious destruction of their product?

How? 6:30 plus two hour game, plus 45-60 minutes break between game, gives us 9:30.
You are correct, my morning math is lagging. But, my point is, we don't need games this late. Start the early game at 5 or 5:30. Other conferences have as many teams and don't run these late games.

Walker and De Silva are critical tonight. I also think Tad will have Eli guarding Mobley when feasible - away from the basket

Any win is a good win at tournament time. Survive and advance.

I just have to add my comment about the PAC 12 refs. They destroyed the flow of both the CU game and the previous USC-Utah game, as well as several other games this season.

The thing is, this has been happening for years in the conference. I finally gave up my season tickets because of it. How can this league continue to allow the obvious destruction of their product?

This leads to a rant that I know @Buffnik has had many times, as well as numerous other people like myself - Pac-12 officiating is hurting the league big picture too. The lack of consistent officiating, and the constant touch fouls, cause teams to adjust throughout the season. Then when we get to the dance and there are some mildly competent officials, P12 teams are so used to being bailed out that when they get hit with an old school Big East foul and it's not called they turtle.

Pac-12 officiating is literally killing the conference come March and April every damn year.

This leads to a rant that I know @Buffnik has had many times, as well as numerous other people like myself - Pac-12 officiating is hurting the league big picture too. The lack of consistent officiating, and the constant touch fouls, cause teams to adjust throughout the season. Then when we get to the dance and there are some mildly competent officials, P12 teams are so used to being bailed out that when they get hit with an old school Big East foul and it's not called they turtle.

Pac-12 officiating is literally killing the conference come March and April every damn year.
So, you're saying it's better to lose early in the Tourney; then go home and scrimmage, using REAL refs, while prepping for the Dance??? (if you're a "lock" anyway)

Sports bar and then buy your kids a scotch and soda; after the first sip, they usuall let you finish it off!
The kids and wife are out of town, so no excuses there. I think that bars close to early in Denver for me to even risk getting the COVID for this game!

silver lining – Kin has gotten beaten up more this season and received less calls, so hopefully that won't affect his game in the tourney

You are correct, my morning math is lagging. But, my point is, we don't need games this late. Start the early game at 5 or 5:30. Other conferences have as many teams and don't run these late games.

Let's have this conversation now so we don't have to have it during football season. The networks want content to fill those late night spots. Conferences on the West Coast are the only ones that can reasonably provide it. Get used to it, already. It's not like you were up until 3:00 a.m. last night and took a vacation day today.

Back