What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

OSU's magic touch from deep may have finally escaped them. In a hard nosed battle with the oklahoma SU.

edit: and as I type that they hit 2 3s in a row.

Maybe the Pac was underrated.
The NET rating has somehow managed to be worse than the RPI. The B1G got all their high NET ratings because all you have to do is play a few tough teams in the non con, then regardless of whether you won any of those games, your NET is great. Then once conference play starts, everyone has a top 50 NET rating then every game helps your rating. NET needs to adjust andjusg hammer teams for losses. Strength of Schedule can go. Strength of Record is the only thing that should matter.

The NET rating has somehow managed to be worse than the RPI. The B1G got all their high NET ratings because all you have to do is play a few tough teams in the non con, then regardless of whether you won any of those games, your NET is great. Then once conference play starts, everyone has a top 50 NET rating then every game helps your rating. NET needs to adjust andjusg hammer teams for losses. Strength of Schedule can go. Strength of Record is the only thing that should matter.
I mean, Oregon State didn’t have a great regular season. NET or not. They lost to a lousy Wyoming team, and followed it with a loss to a bad Portland team that didn’t win a WCC game. But they are a pretty talented team. And they’ve put it all together the last couple weeks

NET is just a tool, you look at the NET rankings and they mostly make sense. The tool is mostly fine. The problem is terrible media exposure for the Pac 12. A combination of east coast bias and incompetent Larry Scott.

I’ll leave that discussion to you bball nerds. But it’s pretty obvious that we played much better competition in the Pac than anyone realized. My kid has been complaining all season about the Big 10’s poll rankings, telling me they were way overrated. Guess he was right.

I mean, Oregon State didn’t have a great regular season. NET or not. They lost to a lousy Wyoming team, and followed it with a loss to a bad Portland team that didn’t win a WCC game. But they are a pretty talented team. And they’ve put it all together the last couple weeks

NET is just a tool, you look at the NET rankings and they mostly make sense. The tool is mostly fine. The problem is terrible media exposure for the Pac 12. A combination of east coast bias and incompetent Larry Scott.
The NET also got far less OOC data than what it needs to be optimal.

Which is a critique of the reality of pandemic scheduling, not of the tool

Back