What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

I think Wolken tweeted it out, but GK has been droning on about how collegiate athletics has lost its way and the focus is no longer on the student athletes, yada yada, all the while making chest puffing statements about stealing from the Big 12 and how the Big 12 is scared of the Pac 10. Really strange

I think Wolken tweeted it out, but GK has been droning on about how collegiate athletics has lost its way and the focus is no longer on the student athletes, yada yada, all the while making chest puffing statements about stealing from the Big 12 and how the Big 12 is scared of the Pac 10. Really strange
It has always seemed hollow to hear people with six figure salaries, car allowances, swanky office space and expense accounts lecture about protecting the integrity of the (unpaid, until recently) student-athlete.

It has always seemed hollow to hear people with six figure salaries, car allowances, swanky office space and expense accounts lecture about protecting the integrity of the (unpaid, until recently) student-athlete.
Seems like everyone, from Saban and James Franklin, to conference commissioners and ADs, has said the same things in recent days/weeks/months, yet nobody actually cares to do anything.

It’s become the CFB equivalent of “thoughts and prayers”

Seems like everyone, from Saban and James Franklin, to conference commissioners and ADs, has said the same things in recent days/weeks/months, yet nobody actually cares to do anything.

It’s become the CFB equivalent of “thoughts and prayers”
It's what most leaders do when they have had full control and are losing a portion of it.

It's what most leaders do when they have had full control and are losing a portion of it.
Thing is, Saban is probably the most influential person in the sport and could almost assuredly get things implemented if he actually wanted to, but of course, he enjoys the advantages the current system provides him.

There has to be motivation beyond just the mighty dollar for self interest to take a back seat to what’s good for the collective group (college football), which means it will never happen.

Thing is, Saban is probably the most influential person in the sport and could almost assuredly get things implemented if he actually wanted to, but of course, he enjoys the advantages the current system provides him.

There has to be motivation beyond just the mighty dollar for self interest to take a back seat to what’s good for the collective group (college football), which means it will never happen.
At some point rules and regulations will happen. It just depends on how long that will be. The athletes may have to be the ones who demand this as reality is going to set in that they are still being woefully taken advantage of

I feel like Saban was really content with the way things were. He obviously was super successful with the previously system. This new NIL world opens up a lot more competition for him. Bama has the ability to play in that sandbox but more teams than before are also in it. When Saban is complaining he's not doing it for the CU's of the world that are clearly out of the picture. He is doing it because Bama now has more competition from programs that have deep pockets yet werent competitive previously.

I feel like Saban was really content with the way things were. He obviously was super successful with the previously system. This new NIL world opens up a lot more competition for him. Bama has the ability to play in that sandbox but more teams than before are also in it. When Saban is complaining he's not doing it for the CU's of the world that are clearly out of the picture. He is doing it because Bama now has more competition from programs that have deep pockets yet werent competitive previously.
I'm wondering how much longer Saban is going to coach. Pretty sure I heard the guy is ****ing 70. What else is left for him to do in college football, unless he wants another title and go out on top?

Well, yeah. He'd cracked the code and was kicking everyone's ass. Nothing positive can happen for him if there is any change to status quo because it would be impossible for Alabama to gain any more separation- all he sees is threat and for good reason.

Media days was this week, and I'm sure Karl said things. But nothing on it. womp womp.

At some point rules and regulations will happen. It just depends on how long that will be. The athletes may have to be the ones who demand this as reality is going to set in that they are still being woefully taken advantage of
I love the fact that an incoming freshman, who hasn’t earned a starting position will be earning 7 figures, while 3-year starters aren’t getting ****. Pass the popcorn.

Make it Amazon or Hulu and I’ll drop Comcast two seconds after the announcement.
Make it available as a stand alone for $5.99/month if you’re not going to go Amazon/Hulu/Apple TV…or even if you are going to keep it on cable subscriber plan.

5 wins no excuses

Basketball Wives Smell GIF by VH1

Desperation.

5 wins no excuses

I'll go a little contrarian for a second because there's nothing to do at the moment on a Saturday. I still remember Hawkins' mindless soundbite braggadocio, the cliche-ridden, fact-free, rancid verbal Bull**** that streamed endlessly from his Piehole weekly. While KD is softspoken and devoid of emotion to the other extreme, it's preferable (to me) than the former. Get a few wins in a row and I think Karl rolls out some personality.

I'll go a little contrarian for a second because there's nothing to do at the moment on a Saturday. I still remember Hawkins' mindless soundbite braggadocio, the cliche-ridden, fact-free, rancid verbal Bull**** that streamed endlessly from his Piehole weekly. While KD is softspoken and devoid of emotion to the other extreme, it's preferable (to me) than the former. Get a few wins in a row and I think Karl rolls out some personality.
One thing I am confident I know about fans is that we'll embrace any HC personality and any style of play if the wins are rolling in.

Defense is going to have to be designed and called to force offenses to sustain long drives. Then bow up in the red zone. Every time we give up 3, we need to consider it a win. Last year they did that but got worn down as our offense contributed nothing.

I think we'll be solid in special teams.

Offense is where I have no clue. Impossible to be worse than last year. But whether the upside is "competent" or something beyond that is hard to figure.

He might even feign enthusiasm.

Back