What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Tourney thread- #5 seed WOMEN'S bball in Las Vegas for Pac 12's (Semis vs. #2 ranked/ #1 seed Stanford, Fri., 3/4, 7:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

Various media after today's win.

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2022/3/2/womens-basketball-buffs-move-on-in-vegas.aspx

"
LAS VEGAS – The Colorado women's basketball team advanced to the second round of the Pac-12 Tournament for the first time since the 2018 tournament in Seattle on Wednesday. The Buffaloes survived the pesky Washington Huskies, walking away with a 64-52 win at Michelob Ultra Arena.

Colorado (21-7) used a 24-point fourth quarter to separate from the No. 12-seeded Huskies, avoiding a second consecutive first-round upset to UW.

The Buffs were paced by senior Peanut Tuitele and her season-high 16 points. Fifth-year senior Mya Hollingshed scored 13 of her 15 points in the second half and added 12 rebounds for her ninth double-double of the season. Junior Quay Miller, a UW transfer, totaled nine points and seven boards.

"[I'm] really proud of our ball club tonight," head coach JR Payne said after the win. "We knew that it wouldn't be the prettiest game. Going in we knew that and expected that. Just a lot of jitters and post-season play and all of those things. But I'm unbelievably proud of our resiliency and how we were able to really stick together and find a way to win the basketball game."

Turning Point: Sadler's injury paused the game at a key moment for both teams. Colorado led by three and the emotional impact could have easily weighed on the Buffs. CU instead used the pause to regroup and rally around Sadler.

The Buffs missed their first shot when play resumed, but a Frida Formann 3 at the 1:52 mark helped continue the CU run and bring energy back to the Buffaloes. The Buffs nearly shutout UW after the pause, giving up only one point at the free-throw line.

Four different CU players scored in the 12-1 run to close the victory.

Up Next: The Buffs will match up with No. 4 seeded Arizona on Thursday. Tip is set for 1 p.m. MT.

Game Notes: 22 first quarter FGA is the most in a quarter this season…Colorado had 22 offensive rebounds to UW's 21 defensive rebounds…CU had a 13-3 advantage in second-chance points…CU is 20-0 this season when leading after three quarters…CU is now 7-10 all-time in the Pac-12 Tournament.

Hollingshed Notes: Hollingshed had her ninth double-double of the season and first career tournament double-double…She moved into sixth on CU's scoring list with 1647 points, passing both Kennedy Leonard (2015-19, 1635) and Chucky Jeffery (2009-13, 1644)…Her 12 rebounds were a season-high and give her 887 on her career.

Sadler Update: Sadler is being kept at the hospital overnight for observation.
"
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2022/3/2/2060372.PDF

March is so much fun and I look forward to it every year.

I get the Pac-12 Network, ACC Network and B1G Network so I get to watch hoops all of this week.

Also Friday and Saturday we have the Iowa Girls' High School State Championships.

I am sorry to hear that Tam Sadler will be hospitalized overnight. I wish her the best in her recovery. Better safe than sorry.

Both defenses dominating. It's a 9-10 Arizona lead after the 1st quarter. (Sherrod picked up 2 fouls in the 1st 3 minutes or so, and hasn't been in since.)

Following on my cell from the office today. I think it's good for us that it's a low scoring defensive grind type of game.

Before scoring a last second layup, the Buffs go scoreless for almost 5 minutes late in the 3rd quarter, but still ride their defense to hold Arizona to 4 points for the WHOLE 3rd quarter and take a 33-26 lead into the final quarter.

Holy crap. I watched a few minutes while AZ just crushed them and made a run. Glad the team survived that

Back