What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Brou leaving we now need 2 RB portal guys (1 has to be big back) in addition to 3 OL, DL, S, CB, WR.

this is getting ugly fast. I’m not sure if there is a university or program deadline date for adding transfers but if there is we are in big trouble.

only good news is there are about 1,000 portal guys and at least 80% have a higher HS grade than most of our outgoing players sans Gonzo and Rice. You don’t need to tell me they won’t want to play for CU and KD sucks. I know I’m just stating the facts.

With Brou leaving we now need 2 RB portal guys (1 has to be big back) in addition to 3 OL, DL, S, CB, WR.

this is getting ugly fast. I’m not sure if there is a university or program deadline date for adding transfers but if there is we are in big trouble.

only good news is there are about 1,000 portal guys and at least 80% have a higher HS grade than most of our outgoing players sans Gonzo and Rice. You don’t need to tell me they won’t want to play for CU and KD sucks. I know I’m just stating the facts.

We are in big trouble even if there isn't a firm deadline although I guess it'd be good to get some guys in by the fall camp or maybe the first game?

4r79.gif
We can always hope KD is Jack in this situation. He's definitely not the captain. Not qualified.

I thought we were done with a mostly empty Folsom... Looks like we will back to 2012 level attendance before long.

Almost a complete loss of skill position talent.

Flood the AD this afternoon with phone calls. Make that phone ring off the hook.
I already called asking how I can cancel my season tickets. I voiced my displeasure and asked what the heck RG is going to do to fix this mess. I told the guy in sales that there are tweets from fans at other PAC 12 schools making fun of CU and that's where I told him I had to make the call. I told him to get ready for more calls like mine and that not focusing on the football program will hurt all athletics.

In this situation, we are Jack, KD is Rose, and RG and the ****ty contract are collectively the broken door
It's an interesting analogy.

I see the fans as Jack (running back and forth trying to get everyone to see the problem), the remaining players as Rose (clinging valiantly to the last hopes of being saved), CU Admin is the flawed ship (horribly designed to deal with the very obvious dangers of the chosen course), the mix of NIL/Transfer Portal is the iceberg (clearly could have been seen coming), RG is the captain of the ship (setting a stupid course at a ridiculous speed, stuck in a bygone era of navigation), KD is the band on the deck (nothing to do but stand around and try to make everyone feel better about the inevitable), and finally, the door is the flatirons (we should be able to survive-just look at how beautiful this is).

Last edited:
I'm not sure we're in a Todd Graham situation where the coach is just an a-hole. I don't think we've heard any rumblings about that and for the most part we're getting "it's not you, it's me" reasoning from the outgoing transfers. I guess we just suck, the players are looking around and realizing this team doesn't have the talent to win a game next year anymore and no one wants to be part of that.

KD and RG have to come out and address this publicly now. Other programs have done just that in regards to the transfers and NIL situation this year. Isn't KD's whole thing a "vision?" Can we get an update on that?

Flood the AD this afternoon with phone calls. Make that phone ring off the hook.
I already called asking how I can cancel my season tickets. I voiced my displeasure and asked what the heck RG is going to do to fix this mess. I told the guy in sales that there are tweets from fans at other PAC 12 schools making fun of CU and that's where I told him I had to make the call. I told him to get ready for more calls like mine and that not focusing on the football program will hurt all athletics.

They sent mean tweets?!?

THESE MONSTERS MUST BE STOPPED!

They sent mean tweets?!?

THESE MONSTERS MUST BE STOPPED!
Colorado football is stink, stank,stunk.
The national perception of it is front and center. The only way to hope for change is spend your money elsewhere. Support the ladies CU basketball team or go to a men's game. Once the AD sees 25-30k in seats maybe something will be done.

even if RG wanted to get rid of KD, I don't think he can because he gave him a ****ing idiotic contract that wouldn't allow him to fire him for several years. We're at least 1 year out from RG maybe being able to scrounge up the cash to get KD to go away

I got nothin constructive to add other than to bitch about the obvious. CFB is a goddamn mess now, they managed to make it worse somehow, and CU is way in the deep end of the ****. I don’t know how they can be functional with things operating this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back