What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Awww…how cute is LennyS?
Awwwww GIF

Some speculation this morning that DeBoer could be looking at the NFL. Washington has presented him with a contract extension that's been on his desk for a while and he hasn't signed. He was highly emotional after the game last night as well.

Meanwhile, Harbaugh was talking in detail after the game last night about his plans to move Spring practices back to March instead of February, so people speculating that he's staying.

He wants the next coach to have time to acclimate.
It is better for everyone if he moves on to the NFL
Better for the NCAA
Better for the Players to not look like tools supporting their rule breaking coach
Better for Michigan to not have to cover his ass every time
Better for the B1G10 to not have to punish him over and over
He did his job and delivered a Natty to his School
Hello Chargers
Give the job to Coach Moore and move on

If any of the dominoes include Norvell, then I will start to sweat for a little bit.

I know the relationship had soured, but so did Nike and Prime and look at it now

Calling my shot:

Alabama's next HC will be someone closely tied to Saban & Bama. He will fail to meet an impossible expectation and they will run out fairly quickly. This will be a cycle there for a while with fans being disappointed every hiring cycle that Kirby, Lane and Sark keep aren't the new HC. But they might get Dabo.

Calling my shot:

Alabama's next HC will be someone closely tied to Saban & Bama. He will fail to meet an impossible expectation and they will run out fairly quickly. This will be a cycle there for a while with fans being disappointed every hiring cycle that Kirby, Lane and Sark keep aren't the new HC. But they might get Dabo.

S Reactions Name GIF

Ok. See Bama after Bear and their hiring history with inconsistent results. That's what I think will be repeated. And the 3 top candidates will not come home because they're in great spots which aren't set up to fail. They know better than to give up a great thing by following Saban in what will be a no-win situation.

Calling my shot:

Mel Tucker as next Bama HC confirmed

Ok. See Bama after Bear and their hiring history with inconsistent results. That's what I think will be repeated. And the 3 top candidates will not come home because they're in great spots which aren't set up to fail. They know better than to give up a great thing by following Saban in what will be a no-win situation.
Lol what shot are you calling?

Agree with you.

It's not just The Bear,

It has been very rare that a the coach, even a few coaches, following the retirement of a long time all time great are able to come close to meeting expectations.

Not only does the new guy have to win at a level that matches the "Legend's" good years because the fans will forget his weaker years but fans will be unhappy because he doesn't do things the same way as they "remember" the old guy doing.

Eventually Alabama will be back on top because their fans will insist on it and the boosters will pay for it but a few guys will get run over in the process.

The guy who would make the most sense to me is DeMeco Ryans. But while I think fans and recruits would love that, my guess is that there will be a booster war chest that demands someone like Lanning.

Nah, the portal changes everything. There’s a long list of guys who can keep it going as money fixes missed talent eval. Jimbo would still be winning at FSU if he could have bought a QB every couple years that someone else had developed. He whiffed after Winston.

Will Saban be leading the coaching search? I can see why he wouldn't want to, but he's been playing coaching search AD consultant for other programs for a long ass time.

Back