What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Other thing is I don't think this carousel will have a lot of openings.....I mean lets look at the SEC and Big 10 in particular. If Leipold wants into the Big 10, now might be the time to go.

Big 10-Northwestern's open right now, but they're 4-4 with winnable games against Purdue and Illinois left. David Braun's making a hell of a case for COY in the Big 10, and he's making it harder for the dumb****s who run that school to move on from him with every game. He doesn't have the stink of the hazing scandal on him because he got there in January, and that team has absolutely overachieved. If he doesn't get that gig, he'd make a hell of a replacement for Charles Kelly here. Michigan State is open. Indiana has to open at some point, but what else is there in that league? Iowa? Likely stays in house. If you add the four Pac teams who are joining that league......SC could open if an NFL owner is dumb enough to take a chance on Lincoln Riley right now.

In the SEC.....Arkansas? South Carolina?

My guess is Pittman could be in trouble and Beamer gets at least another year. South Carolina's expecations were a bit too high after closing out last season with wins over Tennessee and Clemson. I also think the big money A&M boosters will come up with the money to buy out Jimbo if they finish 7-5, which is entirely possible.

Shocking
He will head out to some small school and get a head job
Approve South Park GIF

The one job that scares the hell out of me with Prime is Texas A&M
Unlimited Money
I still think Prime stays 5-10 years and fights to win a National Championship, but that Aggies job, ugggghhh
Along with many people here who know SEC football saying aTm would never hire Prime, I don't think big time programs would even be in on Prime at this point.

The shine from starting 3-0 and being the center of the CFB has worn off at this point and nobody is talking about big time programs poaching him this year.

Along with many people here who know SEC football saying aTm would never hire Prime, I don't think big time programs would even be in on Prime at this point.

The shine from starting 3-0 and being the center of the CFB has worn off at this point and nobody is talking about big time programs poaching him this year.
That is fair, but location, resources, competition, current roster, a lot to be concerned about.
His game management, and staff choices are not helping his shine, but I hate TAM

That is fair, but location, resources, competition, current roster, a lot to be concerned about.
His game management, and staff choices are not helping his shine, but I hate TAM
I understand why you think aTm would be attractive. I'm saying I don't think aTm is going to pay Jimbo $70m to go away and then turn around and hire Prime after this season

The one job that scares the hell out of me with Prime is Texas A&M
Unlimited Money
I still think Prime stays 5-10 years and fights to win a National Championship, but that Aggies job, ugggghhh
In the middle of super fertile recruiting grounds to boot

I’m genuinely curious. They hired Sumlin so is it really a race thing?
Sumlin at aTm:
11-2
9-4
8-5
8-5
8-5
7-5 (fired, didn't coach bowl)

Jimbo at aTm:
9-4
8-5
9-1 (C19 year)
8-4
5-7
5-3 (so far)

I didn't look up recruiting ranks, but I don't think that was going poorly under Sumlin. In fact, I think there was a lack of booster patience because they were giving at unprecedented levels to get players but the results stayed at .500 every year in the SEC.

Jimbo is facing the same narrative, just paid more.

I don't think it's race, per se, based on the above. I think Coach Prime demands too much autonomy for aTm boosters to handle. If there's a racial factor, it's that he's "too black" for comfort - which is true for the majority of programs.

Sumlin at aTm:
11-2
9-4
8-5
8-5
8-5
7-5 (fired, didn't coach bowl)

Jimbo at aTm:
9-4
8-5
9-1 (C19 year)
8-4
5-7
5-3 (so far)

I didn't look up recruiting ranks, but I don't think that was going poorly under Sumlin. In fact, I think there was a lack of booster patience because they were giving at unprecedented levels to get players but the results stayed at .500 every year in the SEC.

Jimbo is facing the same narrative, just paid more.

I don't think it's race, per se, based on the above. I think Coach Prime demands too much autonomy for aTm boosters to handle. If there's a racial factor, it's that he's "too black" for comfort - which is true for the majority of programs.
Just saw an article that said It was documented that the A&M Boosters paid/arranged for between $25 Million to $36 Million in NIL for the 2022 and 2023 Recruiting Classes and that each Recruit has a lead booster and a separate LLC for each of them.

You know who would be scary good at aTm? Coach O. That kind of war chest for recruiting along a supreme level of DGAF on if he's sleeping with every woman in Texas as long as he's winning.

Just to reiterate - Arkansas saw that their offense, a majority based on **** line play, was the worst in college football so they fired their offensive coordinator…who had only been there 8 games.

There’s precedent. It can be done.

COWARD!

He only needed to average 34 points per game over the final 4 and the bowl game to save his job.

Actually, it will be really hilarious if he does just that and they all collectively have to walk this back. Now, that's what I'm rooting for.

Back