What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

I think it’s debatable how much money UCLA has or will have. I have no clue what their NIL collective looks like, and recruiting is less about location and more about the bag these days. They supposedly will have to share some of their newfound B1G riches with Cal, so they’re going to be behind their new peers from day 1. Add to that the increased expenses for their 20 or so Olympic sports now playing in a geographically diverse conference. I stand by what I said, UCLA is going to be a tough place to win for the foreseeable future.

I think it’s debatable how much money UCLA has or will have. I have no clue what their NIL collective looks like, and recruiting is less about location and more about the bag these days. They supposedly will have to share some of their newfound B1G riches with Cal, so they’re going to be behind their new peers from day 1. Add to that the increased expenses for their 20 or so Olympic sports now playing in a geographically diverse conference. I stand by what I said, UCLA is going to be a tough place to win for the foreseeable future.
I see all your points as real challenges, but isn't the UCLA Job still a Top 30 Job in CFB?

EB was there and I would go for it if I were him, because the Musical Chairs are moving around and if he does not get the Commanders Job, he better find a seat

It's the job that makes the most sense in that they have a franchise QB and an above average roster besides that. They're built to compete in the playoffs now. I was skeptical about whether that ownership would spend money on a coach.
Third worst salary cap in the league for 2024. Almost $50mil over the cap and Herbert’s contract just now kicking in. They could likely have to cut both Keenan Allen and Mike Williams and would still need to cut Mack and others. Gonna need a Johnson to step up.

Third worst salary cap in the league for 2024. Almost $50mil over the cap and Herbert’s contract just now kicking in. They could likely have to cut both Keenan Allen and Mike Williams and would still need to cut Mack and others. Gonna need a Johnson to step up.
Comment of the day

"GONNA NEED A JOHNSON TO STEP UP"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you are not an established HC, the UCLA job has a lot of benefits, notably the expectations for the football team are not super high.
I disagree. What fans they do have seem to hold ridiculously elevated expectations. Most notably the expectation to beat USC regularly. That’s going to be harder and harder to do from now on.

I disagree. What fans they do have seem to hold ridiculously elevated expectations. Most notably the expectation to beat USC regularly. That’s going to be harder and harder to do from now on.

Dorrell: 5 years
Neuheisel: 4 years
Mora Jr: 6 years
Kelly: 6 years (and counting if he does not jump to the NFL)

You tend to get a pretty long leash at UCLA.

Dorrell: 5 years
Neuheisel: 4 years
Mora Jr: 6 years
Kelly: 6 years (and counting if he does not jump to the NFL)

You tend to get a pretty long leash at UCLA.
It also hasn't been good for careers and starts looking very sketchy if Chip opts to take a demotion and massive pay cut to get out.

Not that they'll struggle to find people who would jump at the opportunity, but they're probably going to be looking at G5 and coordinators. I can't imagine that a P4 HC would jump to that job. Odds are they don't have the buyout money for that sort of move anyway.

It also hasn't been good for careers and starts looking very sketchy if Chip opts to take a demotion and massive pay cut to get out.

Not that they'll struggle to find people who would jump at the opportunity, but they're probably going to be looking at G5 and coordinators. I can't imagine that a P4 HC would jump to that job. Odds are they don't have the buyout money for that sort of move anyway.
I’ve been told that any B1G/SEC job is better than any Big 12/ACC job

UCLA is a solid #4 out of the 4 PAC teams going to the B1G. Whoever takes that job will have his work cut out for him and he’s not going to have a lot of support.

UCLA is a solid #4 out of the 4 PAC teams going to the B1G. Whoever takes that job will have his work cut out for him and he’s not going to have a lot of support.
True, the people at UCLA are a bunch of athletic supporters.

Back