What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Season Prediction Thread (Post TCU)

What is your new win total after the TCU game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Obviously, the first priority is to beat Stanford and get to the bye at 5-2. Manage that, and we will have five chances to get win #6. We may well be the underdog in very game (Arizona the only exception there), but I like those odds. We likely have Travis back, and weird stuff happens in CFB all the time.

I'll say we beat Stanford and Arizona, and get a surprise win somewhere else. 7-5 finish.
Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl baby. I've got my ticket.....

Arizona is the most obvious (still a very tough game). Honsestly from what I've seen I like our odds in Pullman better than at home against the Beavs. Utah is just a horrible matchup. UCLA is gonna require lots of improvement from the o-line.
Is it because of this?

IMG_4923.png

7 wins

Beat Stanford and we should be pretty healthy coming out of the bye. I also think Brown will be deemed eligible by the NCAA very soon and will give the OL a big lift going into the UCLA game.

With two weeks to prepare, I really like our chances against UCLA and of course Arizona, but they'll find that 7th win somewhere.

I was wrong about the one loss season and I'll own that.

We'll finish 10-2

It's nearly inconceivable to me that Sanders will tolerate a third loss.

#istillbelieve
I like this- yes, let’s go 10-2.n and then win the pac 12 champ game too.

I thought it showed a lot of what CP expects in the post game press conference and that he’s tired of the slow starts. We will see that fixed here soon beginning with the Stanford game.

I like this- yes, let’s go 10-2.n and then win the pac 12 champ game too.

I thought it showed a lot of what CP expects in the post game press conference and that he’s tired of the slow starts. We will see that fixed here soon beginning with the Stanford game.
With you on the PACCCG!!!!

we need a lot of help from Oregon, and others, to make that happen though

There's some serious Koolaid consumption going on in this thread. My original projection was 6 wins. After TCU I increased it to 8 wins. After ASU I'm moving it back to 6 wins. We will battle O-line ineptitude for the remainder of the season. Stanford and Arizona are the two wins I'm counting on but they won't be easy. I'm not seeing a win with UCLA, WSU, and Utah on the road. Beating OSU at home is a long shot, IMO.

But 6 wins is a bowl game and that makes me happy.

Holding on to 8-4.

Could do better or worse, but I see a winning Pac-12 conference record which puts us at 8 wins.

Unless something significant happens to this OL, we are a 5-6 win team. Arizona is our best chance to get that 6th win, I don't see how do we win against UCLA on the road.

Okay, 4-2. How do we finish this out.
- vs Stanford
- at UCLA
- vs OSU
- vs UA
- at WSU
- at UU

I’m pretty confident we will beat Stanford. So where is our 6th win? We may be underdogs in those last five.
We can beat Stanford, OSU or Arizona at home. We're a different team at Folsom.

Unless something significant happens to this OL, we are a 5-6 win team. Arizona is our best chance to get that 6th win, I don't see how do we win against UCLA on the road.

Utah, Washington St and even UCLA are pretty flawed teams. They're good, but none are unbeatable even given week.

UCLA- they can't pass and the ground game has been more quantity driven than explosive. They have a great defense, but Lewis will get 2 weeks to prepare for them while they play Stanford. We won't be able to run, but they're not going to score much either. 1 or 2 big plays is probably the difference.

Utah- the offense is struggling badly. They padded the stat lines against Weber State and a bad Baylor team, but they're moving the wrong way since, albeit against very good UCLA and OSU defenses. We'll see what the QB situation looks like by then, but they're vulnerable.

Washington State- pass heavy as always, but if our secondary is full strength, we can counter that. In contrast to the other 2, this should be a high scoring game.

My biggest concern is all 3 are on the road. If any of them were in Boulder, I really like our chances. On the road, we still have a shot and I expect to get one of them.

Utah, Washington St and even UCLA are pretty flawed teams. They're good, but none are unbeatable even given week.

UCLA- they can't pass and the ground game has been more quantity driven than explosive. They have a great defense, but Lewis will get 2 weeks to prepare for them while they play Stanford. We won't be able to run, but they're not going to score much either. 1 or 2 big plays is probably the difference.

Utah- the offense is struggling badly. They padded the stat lines against Weber State and a bad Baylor team, but they're moving the wrong way since, albeit against very good UCLA and OSU defenses. We'll see what the QB situation looks like by then, but they're vulnerable.

Washington State- pass heavy as always, but if our secondary is full strength, we can counter that. In contrast to the other 2, this should be a high scoring game.

My biggest concern is all 3 are on the road. If any of them were in Boulder, I really like our chances. On the road, we still have a shot and I expect to get one of them.
Maybe. I just have 0 confidence in this OL. If CP pull the trigger during the bye week, maybe we will have serviceable OL in the end of season and we might upset Utah. I think Utah is the more likely upset out of those 3 anyway.

Maybe. I just have 0 confidence in this OL. If CP pull the trigger during the bye week, maybe we will have serviceable OL in the end of season and we might upset Utah. I think Utah is the more likely upset out of those 3 anyway.
The OL is bad, no doubt about it, but looked a lot worse this week with Wells being in and out of the game and Washington hurt. I also like our chances of getting Brown back. Plus, BOB is coaching for his job now. I expect at least some improvement. Firing him during the bye likely just makes things worse.

What do you know about it?

I thought he played all the snaps except the first one. Was he not?
I don't know anything about Brown other than the NCAA has put their backs against the wall now. They're risking a lawsuit if they don't grant his eligibility.

It was my understanding Wells started, then spent much of the game on the sidelines.

I think UCLA is overrated, Buffs beat them.
Buffs beat Stanford and AZ
Buffs beat WSU - Cougs are gonna Coug
Buffs beat Utah in the first game for CP vs Utes

5-1 to finish
9-3 overall

Granted I am a homer. I see Stanford and AZ as games CU rolls to victory, the rest are battles

I think UCLA is overrated, Buffs beat them.
Buffs beat Stanford and AZ
Buffs beat WSU - Cougs are gonna Coug
Buffs beat Utah in the first game for CP vs Utes

5-1 to finish
9-3 overall

Granted I am a homer. I see Stanford and AZ as games CU rolls to victory, the rest are battles
I think zona looks pretty good.

And here are the updates for this week:

View attachment 64116View attachment 64680
+19.3% (W)
View attachment 64117View attachment 64681
+3.2% (L)

View attachment 64118View attachment 64683
+6.2% (L)
img_0185-jpeg.64119
View attachment 64684
+9.4% (W)
View attachment 64120View attachment 64682
+3.2% (W)
UTAH (L)
FINAL RECORD = 6-6

Dropped the ball for a few weeks, but back at it

Current Record = 4-2

Stanford (WIN)
Odds have increased 27.8% since the beginning of the season
Adjusted Record = 5-2

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 3.19.46 PM.png

UCLA (LOSS)
Odds have increased .2% since the beginning of the season
Adjusted Record = 5-3
Chances are good for an upset here to get to 6 wins

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 3.20.49 PM.png

Oregon State (LOSS)
Odds have decreased 7.7% since the beginning of the season
Adjusted Record = 5-4

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 3.21.13 PM.png

Arizona (LOSS) Change from previous weeks!!!
Odds have increased 2.6% since the beginning of the season, however, we took the advantage a few weeks ago 52.3/47.7
Adjusted Record = 5-5
No way Prime lose to Arizona

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 3.21.39 PM.png

Washington State (LOSS)
Odds have decreased 1.8% since the beginning of the season
Can Shedeur throw a cold wet football?
Adjusted Record = 5-6

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 3.21.59 PM.png

Utah (LOSS)
Odds have increased 11.3% since the beginning of the season
Adjusted Record = 5-7
ESPN is predicting us with a losing record, yet also predicting us going to a bowl game

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 3.22.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 3.19.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 3.19.25 PM.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
Back