What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024/25 freshman class Olympic sports official NLI signing news (Signing period - 11/8/2023-8/1/2024)

Via the below linked-to cubuffs.com article, the men's golf team has finished off its 2024/25 frosh class by signing the 1st student-athlete for ANY Buff sport from China. He is Zeqian "Michael" Fang, from Shenzhen, People's Republic of China.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to him!

Link to article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/11/16/mens-golf-edwards-adds-top-chinese-amateur-to-golf-program.aspx

"
Men's Golf November 16, 2023 David Plati, SID-Emeritus/Athletic Historian

Edwards Adds Top Chinese Amateur To Golf Program​

Zeqian “Michael” Fang To Become First-Ever CU Student-Athlete From China

BOULDER — University of Colorado men's golf coach Roy Edwards announced a second recruit in the school's 2024 recruiting class on Thursday, as he signed Zeqian "Michael" Fang of Shenzhen, People's Republic of China, to a national letter-of-intent.

The first CU student-athlete, scholarship or walk-on, ever from China, Fang was a quarterfinalist in this year's U.S. Junior Amateur, with three top six efforts in AJGA competition along with several good finishes in smaller professional events. In the latest World Amateur Golf Rankings (WAGR) of November 8, he was ranked 279th, the 16th player representing China.

Shenzhen is located in the Guangdong Province of southern China, just due north of Hong Kong.

"We have another really good one coming in next fall in Zeqian," Edwards said, pointing out he likes to go by Michael. "Michael has really played some good golf the past few years. He is a top-class student on top of being one of the best players in China. He came to the U.S. this summer and played some very high-level golf while he was here, which was impressive. We had a great visit with him a few weeks ago and spending a lot of time with the team made his decision an easy one.

Fang cited several reasons for selecting Colorado over several other schools in his recruitment.

"For one, because I think the climate of Colorado is great and challenging, which means we can adept the different weathers on tour," Fang said. "Secondly, the facilities of Colorado are super convenient and excellent. What's more, I really like the atmosphere among the team, it's harmonious. All in all, Boulder is the most suitable place for me to improve my golf techniques and enjoy my college life."

He has a twin brother, Zekun, who often has caddied for him, including in this year's U.S. Junior Am. He has signed to play golf at UC-Santa Barbara.

At this time, Edwards does not anticipate adding to his 2024 recruiting class; last week, he signed Wyoming prep phenom Parker Paxton to a letter of intent.

"Michael and Parker together make for a tremendous recruiting class and both have a chance to be spectacular players," Edwards said. "Combining our existing team with this class, we couldn't be more excited for the future."
"

Track and field has announced another women's team addition not previously known about (at least by me). She is multi-eventer and high jumper Ava Goetz, who will be heading to Boulder from Springdale, Arkansas.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to her!

So we were up at KU today for a HS indoor open meet and saw her in the girls shot put. Her dad was wearing a Buff's hoodie and she had a CU track and field shirt on as they left. Looking at the results, she was there to work on her long jump and shot put as she scratched out of the high jump. She is most definitely not a shot put thrower, but most girls in the heptathlon aren't.

Back