What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Big 12 Preview

1. Utah
2. Arizona
3. Kansas State
4. Oklahoma State
5. Kansas
6. West Virigina
7. Iowa State
8. Texas Tech
9. Texas Christian
10. Central Florida
11. Colorado
12. Arizona State
13. Bingham Young
14. Baylor
15. Cincinnati
16. Houston

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

That Athlon ranking isn't far off from where I have CU in the Big 12. 8 or 9 is the highest I'd rank CU.

Utah...you know they are solid and so is Arizona. KSU, OSU, and KU are good teams. WVU is a team that could be a darkhorse contender and ISU returns some people. TT underperformed last year and I think they will bounce back. Ditto for TCU but hey we beat them. We should be glad we are not getting WVU, ISU, or TCU next season. If we had to throw out UCF and Cincy, that would have been a brutal schedule.

UCF got a big time transfer at QB but I don't think they are that much better than us.

That Athlon ranking isn't far off from where I have CU in the Big 12. 8 or 9 is the highest I'd rank CU.

Utah...you know they are solid and so is Arizona. KSU, OSU, and KU are good teams. WVU is a team that could be a darkhorse contender and ISU returns some people. TT underperformed last year and I think they will bounce back. Ditto for TCU but hey we beat them. We should be glad we are not getting WVU, ISU, or TCU next season. If we had to throw out UCF and Cincy, that would have been a brutal schedule.

UCF got a big time transfer at QB but I don't think they are that much better than us.
I only based my opinion above on my belief that some of the CU portal acquisitions are going to be really effective. I don’t see CU being in the top 3 in the B12 next year though.

I only based my opinion above on my belief that some of the CU portal acquisitions are going to be really effective. I don’t see CU being in the top 3 in the B12 next year though.

I think that 11 ranking is more of the floor for CU in the Big 12. I think they could go as high as where Iowa State is at which is 7. The good news is that we host three of the top six teams at home this year. Road games are at UA and KU for the rest of the top six and CU has been competitive with UA in P12 play so I don't see how a conference change would change that.

We win all our home games, we will have a good season for sure.

Picture will be a little more clear in a week due ot the NFL Draft deadline for underclassmen.

1. Utah
2. Arizona
3. Kansas State
4. Oklahoma State
5. Kansas
6. West Virigina
7. Iowa State
8. Texas Tech
9. Texas Christian
10. Central Florida
11. Colorado
12. Arizona State
13. Bingham Young
14. Baylor
15. Cincinnati
16. Houston
It's way too hard to be negative on CU when Spring football hasn't started yet. Also all of these teams lost extremely significant pieces and didn't replace them outside of CU and Texas Tech. Morgan and Cowing are significant losses. Utah and CU was a damn near neck in neck teams and CU had critical flaws last year.

Yeah, CU, Kansas, and Texas Tech are being underrated. Zona, Utah, and KSU, and the Poles are being overrated.

Big 12 rankings:

9. Arizona
13. Utah
18. Oklahoma State
21. Kansas State
23. Kansas

ESPN article says all five OL starters for OSU are coming back...guess those were just seniors instead of the super seniors they are going to be.

It's way too hard to be negative on CU when Spring football hasn't started yet. Also all of these teams lost extremely significant pieces and didn't replace them outside of CU and Texas Tech. Morgan and Cowing are significant losses. Utah and CU was a damn near neck in neck teams and CU had critical flaws last year.

Yeah, CU, Kansas, and Texas Tech are being underrated. Zona, Utah, and KSU, and the Poles are being overrated.

Thought OSU was gonna replace all of thier starting OL but they are all coming back as super seniors plus their QB got a 7th year. Don't think they are overrated at this point and they might be underrated.

Arizona might very well be one of those teams whose players end up listening to the hype than putting in the work but the truth is that UA has a lot of starting underclassmen who are coming back. It's hard to not put UA as one of those teams who would win the Big 12 this year. And just look at their road games in the Big 12: BYU, Utah, TCU, and UCF. Very manageable road schedule for the desert Wildcats.

KSU being overrated...I can buy that since they have to replace four OL starters. They are replacing their offensive coordinator as well.

Utah being overrated...after both QBs not named Cameron Rising entered the transfer portal and Zach Wilson's brother signed with the Utes...just because your brother is a NFL QB doesn't mean you will be as good as him. Also losing four of their six games makes you question their #13 ranking but the Utes have been so strong for awhile that it's easy to give them the benefit of the doubt. But being overrated? Possibly.

Kansas is getting quite a few skill position players back but who will the backup QB be since their returning starter can't stay on the field.

9 and 10 are interesting for Arizona. Not necessarily undeserved, but I kinda feel like those are based on them being in an easier conference than actually being that good.

Personally, even though the two games that scare me most are at AZ and at TTU, those are more based on location than strength of opponent. Utah is still the best team in the conference until proven otherwise. I wonder if the people who are putting Utah below Arizona are thinking Rising won't be as good as he was before. Probably a safe bet, but he's still going to be much much better than what Utah had before, and Utah went bowling with dreck behind center.

No one in their right mind would put us in the top 25 at this point, but I still feel like we're being disrespected given our talent.

I do get the idea that UA is likely overrated but take a look at their Big 12 schedule which does not include KSU which is an OOC game just like the 2011 Cal game was an OOC affair instead of a P12 game. The 2025 game in Tucson looks like an OOC affair too.

Their road games are BYU, Utah, TCU, and UCF. Not that bad of a road schedule and they host CU, TT, WVU, Houston, and ASU.

Utah road games: UCF, OSU, Houston, CU, and ASU.
Utah home games: UA, BYU, TCU, and ISU.

That Utah schedule appears more challenging than UA's Big 12 schedule. The Utes host Baylor in OOC play just like UA-KSU.

If there is a Big 12 team that is getting disrespected, I'd say OSU is that team. Maybe it is because they will be hosting the FCS champs in their home opener followed by Arkansas and then a roadie to Tulsa. That doesn't appear so bad if SDSU is losing some of that firepower that I think they are.

OSU road games: Baylor, BYU, CU, TCU, and KSU.
OSU home games: ASU, Utah, TT, and WVU.

CU might be getting disrespected as some feel but that is based on what CU has done since leaving the Big 12 more than the overall talent. I do see a path for CU to the Big 12 CCG but that will come down to the lines. The Big 12 gave us a schedule that would allow us to go bowling at worst.

B12 is clearly lower class then B10. Yes, a Captain Obvious comment. Yet it is clearly the case when UW’s four HC candidates are all in B12. Fisch, Campbell, Klieman and Leipold.

1) Big12 has quite a few good to great football coaches.
2) These coaches will be the obvious breeding grounds for tomorrow’s B10 coaches and in some cases SEC coaches.

Back