What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado football schedule released

Last four games will be tough with @TT, Utah, @KU, and OSU.

The good news is that the schedule will allow CU to secure that 6th win before that four game finish.

Mood is:

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

General reactions/thoughts:
  • Two byes? WTF? Does that mean the whole conference starts on zero week?
  • I can live with Okie Lite on Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure who else I'd pick.
  • I guess BigXII strategy is to eschew traditional "Rivalry week" setup on the last weekend? The only traditional rivalry game I see is UA/ASU. Is the thinking if they spread out other rivalry games (i.e. BYU/UU) that they have a better chance of getting those games premiere exposure?
  • Outside of the UCF game, the schedule sets up pretty nicely. Would have been nice if the first bye and UCF were flipped so that it was three sets of 4 games, but whatevs.
  • Really funny that Utah has to travel all the way to UCF to end the season, although it will probably be much warmer in Orlando than SLC

Probably the best option for a good Thanksgiving matchup and maybe a renewed rivalry. No other real option at this point

I'd have loved KSU but they are playing their rivalry game at ISU the same weekend.

I cannot wait to rekindle those old Big 8 rivalries and I'm liking the fact that we have a bye week before our first Big 8 game at home against KSU.

General reactions/thoughts:
  • Two byes? WTF? Does that mean the whole conference starts on zero week?
  • I can live with Okie Lite on Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure who else I'd pick.
  • I guess BigXII strategy is to eschew traditional "Rivalry week" setup on the last weekend? The only traditional rivalry game I see is UA/ASU. Is the thinking if they spread out other rivalry games (i.e. BYU/UU) that they have a better chance of getting those games premiere exposure?
  • Outside of the UCF game, the schedule sets up pretty nicely. Would have been nice if the first bye and UCF were flipped so that it was three sets of 4 games, but whatevs.
The Rivalries are all spread out to focus as the BIG12 Game of the Week
Our Utah game is the only big game in the conference that week, so it will be at a premium time

TBO the home games are kinda blah as far as name recognition

edit: except the last 2

It's going to be weird to not play ASU and that is a game I have looked forward to every season. At least we'll play them in 2025-27 I believe.

BIG12 Championship game is confirmed for Dallas, TX and AT&T Stadium

That will continue to be the case. It's just that Jerry World is already booked for the same time as the Big 12 Media Days so it will be in Las Vegas this year. I think it will go back to Jerry World in the future unless the Big 12 schools love Vegas.

That will continue to be the case. It's just that Jerry World is already booked for the same time as the Big 12 Media Days so it will be in Las Vegas this year. I think it will go back to Jerry World in the future unless the Big 12 schools love Vegas.
Alternate Media Days and the Championship Game between Dallas and Vegas every year

Game times and television slots will be made this summer.

KU will play their B12 games at the Chiefs stadium and OOC games at Sporting KC's stadium while they are renovating their stadium.
I just saw that, wonder how the Chiefs field will make it through the season, likely gonna need new turf mid-season

EDIT: This is the EASIEST schedule in the league! No Oklahoma State, No Utah, and No Arizona, WTF

1706634982435.png

Back