What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 MBB Coaches Carousel

I've never been to Pullman, but Bozeman is a great town. Stay in that town and keep winning and then move to a school that actually know what their future holds unlike Wazzu? Sounds like an easy choice.
It would be extremely tough to leave Bozeman for a program/school with an uncertain sports future when you’re going to have much better choices in the future.

Last edited:
Is there a WBB coaching carousel thread?

I saw that Tennessee fired their coach; what a tough gig. She won 108 games in 5 years (including the '20-'21 season when they only played 25 games), had a top 25 end of season ranking in every season except her fist, and took the team to two S16 (always made it out of the first round).

You could point to the fact that they haven't won the SEC regular season or tournament since she's been there, but they've finished 3rd in the last three seasons to two teams that each have a natty in that time span, and might add another this year.

I know "the standard is the standard," but if that's the standard, what coach is going to take it on knowing that the above isn't good enough?

Mulkey to Tennessee in 3.....2......1............

Her "I didn't know" excuse is bullsh!t. Every staff has a planned schedule for gamedays. It starts from the moment the team wakes up, goes right until gametime and is broken out by minute. Venues and opponents/tournament staff provide the pregame schedule to all coaches and their staff ahead of time, so they can create their team schedules. Fvck this hag.

Dumbest story ever. Mulkey is a lot of things, but someone who would disrespect the Anthem or allow her team to do so isn't one of them. I heard something about how in previous and other games neither team was on court for it. The timing is different for the Dance. The only thing notable was that Iowa did something unusual by being on the court for it.

Seeing that a former conference mate had hired a Big Sky coach, AD Rick George tweeted, ":love::love::love: 🔥 🔥 🔥"

Seriously, though- weird resume for that guy. He played at a small D3 school in Spokane, immediately started as a GA 20 miles down the road in Cheney, went from GA to AC to HC at one school, and now is moving 70 miles south to Pullman.

I guess he'll lock down all the talent in eastern Washington with his extensive roots there...

Dumbest story ever. Mulkey is a lot of things, but someone who would disrespect the Anthem or allow her team to do so isn't one of them. I heard something about how in previous and other games neither team was on court for it. The timing is different for the Dance. The only thing notable was that Iowa did something unusual by being on the court for it.
I think she was protesting that they weren't using the version recorded by the J6 hostages.

Seeing that a former conference mate had hired a Big Sky coach, AD Rick George tweeted, ":love::love::love: 🔥 🔥 🔥"

Seriously, though- weird resume for that guy. He played at a small D3 school in Spokane, immediately started as a GA 20 miles down the road in Cheney, went from GA to AC to HC at one school, and now is moving 70 miles south to Pullman.

I guess he'll lock down all the talent in eastern Washington with his extensive roots there...
I don't think that's a great hire-EWU won the regular season Big Sky title, and then blew a conference tourney game to god awful Sac State. Whatever. We're probably not playing them in anything for the foreseeable future.

More shocking thing about this carousel: Medved is still in Fort Collins.

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if the Gov was the type of asshole who didn't pay any attention to women hoops and was completely ignorant to whom Kim Mulkey and her political leanings were.

Tang has supposedly been trying hard to land numerous other jobs this year. If Arky goes for Beard, I'd expect Tang to try hard to get the Ole Miss job next.

Was this related to the relative concentrations of cocaine in LA and Fayetteville?
Nah. It sounded like Beard to Arky was done but now there are brakes being applied. Not sure if that means it's someone else or if they're just not at the finish line yet.

Back