What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 MBB Coaches Carousel

For those wondering why Musselman would take a step down in basketball prestige programs, one idea I heard floated is that his wife used to work in media and wants to get back into it, and moving to LA would provide her much more opportunity in that area.
Jim Rome was talking about it and seemed to know Muss fairly well. He said that Arkansas is a better CBB job, he had everything he needed for recruiting and fan support, equivalent money goes a helluva lot further in Fayetteville, and that coaches DGAF about location (they're all about the work). Without saying it, he was saying that Muss just wanted the hell out of a toxic situation.

Sounds like Beard and Tang have turned Arky down and now Wade is supposedly backing out.

I don’t even know who Arkansas looks at at this point.

Arkansas is a sleepy great job but wow.

BRING THE CHAOS!!!!

Drew to Kentucky? Tang to Baylor? Niko to KState?

(I really hope that last one doesn’t happen)

Arkansas is a sleepy great job but wow.

BRING THE CHAOS!!!!

Drew to Kentucky? Tang to Baylor? Niko to KState?

(I really hope that last one doesn’t happen)
I've seen some Kentucky fans saying they've got Oats teed up. Hard to tell if it's just UK arrogance or if he'd really leave Bama after building it to a Final Four.

I've seen some Kentucky fans saying they've got Oats teed up. Hard to tell if it's just UK arrogance or if he'd really leave Bama after building it to a Final Four.
On one hand Bama is a damn cushy hoops job - it’s Kentucky football. Just don’t **** up and they’re happy. But on the other hand, it’s KENTUCKY. About the only coaches I can’t see them landing is Hurley and Self.

We know Arkansas has ****load of money, which makes them keeping Pittman even more confusing

I've seen a few people say that Billy Donovan is interested in the job. A few others say he has no interest in it. If I had to guess, I'd say he's looking at it but don't know if he jumps. I still think Drew is the leading candidate. The only thing we can safely say is that a lot of coaches are going to get a nice little pay bump thanks to this job opening up.

I've seen a few people say that Billy Donovan is interested in the job. A few others say he has no interest in it. If I had to guess, I'd say he's looking at it but don't know if he jumps. I still think Drew is the leading candidate. The only thing we can safely say is that a lot of coaches are going to get a nice little pay bump thanks to this job opening up.
It was close like 9 years ago, but Donovan chose NBA over UK. He was actually the first guy I thought of because it's not working out in Chicago and the extension he recently got is probably not going to stop the Bulls from moving on this offseason - especially if they don't win 2 play-in games to make the playoffs.

Anyway, we'll hear Donovan and other names like Pitino, Wright and Stevens. But I think the top 2 targets are Oats and Drew.

Oats is definitely getting a lot of noise right now. If I'm him though, I just don't know if I do it. I realize these guys have egos but man... you just took Bama to a final four. You're going to be heavily compensated. You're going to win. You have crazy fans, but they're more focused on football so you get a little bit of a break. At Kentucky it's hoops 24/7/365. I'm not gonna defend Cal's coaching job because some of it isn't defendable, but the heat he's gotten has been excessive too.

Oats is definitely getting a lot of noise right now. If I'm him though, I just don't know if I do it. I realize these guys have egos but man... you just took Bama to a final four. You're going to be heavily compensated. You're going to win. You have crazy fans, but they're more focused on football so you get a little bit of a break. At Kentucky it's hoops 24/7/365. I'm not gonna defend Cal's coaching job because some of it isn't defendable, but the heat he's gotten has been excessive too.
He's the one I've heard mentioned the most, but who the fvck knows man? I just know a lot of people are shocked by this. I am not in the least, I've been hearing rumblings about it for the past several seasons. They haven't done **** in the tournament and that is not acceptable there.

All roads lead to Scott Drew here IMO. The Donovan talk makes no sense. I don't think he returns to college basketball under any circumstances.
Jay Wright was another Hail Mary candidate. He said he has no interest during the Final broadcast.

Back