What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

Jay Wright is so good (of course he is). I thought he made some really insightful comments about how the days of winning with freshmen are over. With NIL, you have teams reloading with 22/23 year olds. That the freshmen on Kentucky will go on to have better NBA careers than anyone in that game, maybe anyone in the tournament. But right now at 18/19 years old, they're not as good at college basketball as 22/23 year olds.
I think there's a little untangling of the extra year of COVID eligibility and NIL/Transfer Portal that needs to be done.

Both are contributing to more experienced players spread across more rosters.

I quibble on some of those- ACC had two games and won both, one a top seed (UNC) drubbing a low seed, and one (NCSU) pulling a convincing "upset" over a team that was seeded higher than them. The Pac12 had the same (Arizona and Oregon, respectively), but also had WSU winning. Let's not forget that the only reason that there wasn't 3 ACC games yesterday was because one of their teams got destroyed Tuesday by the "worst" team from Day 1.

Also, I'm not sure how McNeese State can be considered a bust. They had a lackluster resume and wouldn't have made the tournament if they weren't an AQ, and Gonzaga's metrics indicated they were a much, much better team. Vegas favored Gonzaga by 7 points. how is the answer NOT UK?

but yes, we can all agree CSU is the worst. And I don't mean just at basketball.

If you’re our resident zebra that says a lot about the quality of this board.
Sure. I would still send the three guys who worked that game home though. That call was terrible.

That can't happen this time of year. Padilla led the crew. He needs to sit the rest of the tournament.

I think there's a little untangling of the extra year of COVID eligibility and NIL/Transfer Portal that needs to be done.

Both are contributing to more experienced players spread across more rosters.
Yes. This is the last year of so many 6th year seniors who are 23/24 years old.

Perfect day to have a vasectomy except for the kids having meltdowns and wanting to watch Ms. Rachel and Blippi...

With 8 minutes left in the 1st half, Colgate has more pts against ****-Baylor than EITHER team in NW-FAU has at half.

This NW-FAU game is U.G.G.G.G.L.Y.

Jay Wright is so good (of course he is). I thought he made some really insightful comments about how the days of winning with freshmen are over. With NIL, you have teams reloading with 22/23 year olds. That the freshmen on Kentucky will go on to have better NBA careers than anyone in that game, maybe anyone in the tournament. But right now at 18/19 years old, they're not as good at college basketball as 22/23 year olds.

This is Oregon's bread and butter. Couisnard is 25.

FAU on a 13-2 run to take the lead with a minute left over Northwestern. Flagrant foul that wasn't even called a foul before video review to begin with while stopping a NW fastbreak a big part of it. I hate the way these flagrant foul calls affect the game. Should it have been called a foul live? Yes. Was the flagrant foul penalty way too severe? Also Yes.

FAU on a 13-2 run to take the lead with a minute left over Northwestern. Flagrant foul that wasn't even called a foul before video review to begin while stopping a NW fastbreak a big part of it. I hate the way these flagrant foul calls affect the game. Should it have been called a foul live? Yes. Was the flagrant foul penalty way too severe. Also Yes.
I disagree - it was definitely a flagrant. They just shouldn't have stopped the play when NW had the runnout.

I disagree - it was definitely a flagrant. They just shouldn't have stopped the play when NW had the runnout.
By rule, it's flagrant. I'm saying I dislike the rule. It's a foul. Wasn't malicious in anyway. I know that intent isn't part of the rule anymore, I think it should be. People get hit with elbows... it happens. The penalty is way too severe.

By rule, it's flagrant. I'm saying I dislike the rule. It's a foul. Wasn't malicious in anyway. I know that intent isn't part of the rule anymore, I think it should be. People get hit with elbows... it happens. The penalty is way too severe.
Normal people don't flail about like that - he was swinging to keep space open.

Back