What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

Oregon would've won if Altman took Dante out in regulation

You referring to his missed FT on the front end of a 1-and-1? When they showed that graphic with Oregon's worst free throw shooters I thought they had a couple other guys who shoot in the 60s percentage wise but maybe I'm remembering wrong

Oregon would've won if Altman took Dante out in regulation

You referring to his missed FT on the front end of a 1-and-1? When they showed that graphic with Oregon's worst free throw shooters I thought they had a couple other guys who shoot in the 60s percentage wise but maybe I'm remembering wrong
I don’t think there was anyone on the bench that Altman had faith he could turn to for FT shooting. Rigsby is the only bench guy who played meaningful minutes, he was already on the floor with Shelstad getting hurt. Oquendo played 8 minutes and shot 66% on FTs for the season.

Yeah that one, loved Altman's body language before those free throws though. Whatever confidence Dante had, it was all gone after seeing his coach react like that.

Glad that Creighton won. I've shifted my rooting interest to anti- B1G & SEC in basketball while rooting for Big 12, Big East and the ACC members to a lesser extent (don't know yet which will end up in the Evil 2 Consortium).

Utah State getting run.

Other than SDSU the MWC goes out with a whimper again.

Utah State getting run.

Other than SDSU the MWC goes out with a whimper again.
Let's talk about their performance as a league in this tournament-

New Mexico-gets blown out by Clemson in a game they were never in.
CSU-wins a game against a Virginia team that didn't belong in the tournament, and follows that up with an 11 point performance in the first half Thursday against Texas.
Nevada-Gets a 17 point second half lead, and can't hold it against Dayton.
Boise-loses to CU in the First Four
Utah State-beats TCU, isn't competitive with Purdue.

Four pretty ugly exits for a league that wants to be taken seriously!

Let's talk about their performance as a league in this tournament-

New Mexico-gets blown out by Clemson in a game they were never in.
CSU-wins a game against a Virginia team that didn't belong in the tournament, and follows that up with an 11 point performance in the first half Thursday against Texas.
Nevada-Gets a 17 point second half lead, and can't hold it against Dayton.
Boise-loses to CU in the First Four
Utah State-beats TCU, isn't competitive with Purdue.

Four pretty ugly exits for a league that wants to be taken seriously!
Which one does not qualify as ugly?

I watched the game with 6 other CU grads at a bar this morning.

Fear of being embarrassed in the first half for 95% of the time, not sure what to expect in the second half. Very excited in the last half of the second half, but knowing we were more hanging on and could never put a dagger in to take a real lead.

So close, but not enough. I was feeling pretty dejected when I left the bar.

Once home, I fired up the women's game from the start despite seeing the first 10+ minutes at the bar. That was a significant win. Lee was a serious PITA in the middle disrupting our typical motion. I thought JR made significant adjustments at halftime that led to the commanding win on KSU's home court. This should be considered a signature win.

Congrats to the men for giving it their all. They honestly shouldn't hang their heads being touch and go with the #2 seed with less than 8 seconds left. I will also definitely continue to watch the women's games going forward. They are special.

Refs putting in the work to try and get **** bailer back in the game.

Back