What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

I've been thinking about this all morning. I can't stand AZ, what an irrationally arrogant fanbase. Outside of Lute Olson, this program doesn't have anything to write home about (and I used to love those late 90s early 00s teams that Lute had). But even Lute's success (Champ 1997; Runner-up 2001; FF 1988, 1994, 1997, 2001) wasn't as great as some of his peers - Calhoun had a lot more success in probably a tougher league during essentially the same period.

I've been trying to think what an appropriate football comp would be ... Florida St? Nebraska?

Also bums me out that we have to deal with these a****** for another 10 years.

What surprised me during the game was except for Ballo (who cannot even come close to hitting a free throw), AZ was basically outmatched every player down their depth chart on both sides of the floor. Love had a terrible game, but when you look at his game log, he has not been shooting it anywhere close to good for a month and it is not like he provides a ton of assists either. Clemson played good, but AZ was definitely over-seeded and just over-matched.

What surprised me during the game was except for Ballo (who cannot even come close to hitting a free throw), AZ was basically outmatched every player down their depth chart on both sides of the floor. Love had a terrible game, but when you look at his game log, he has not been shooting it anywhere close to good for a month and it is not like he provides a ton of assists either. Clemson played good, but AZ was definitely over-seeded and just over-matched.

Love is no KJ right now. Not close.

Roll Tide. Mrs. Torero is a Bama grad.

robert-downey.gif

Because of one shot, Love is vastly overrated. His stats are not good. It was a joke that he won PAC POY and no surprise that Carolina did not not miss him.

I only caught the last 5 mins of the AZ Clemson game. Clemson seemed to be way less athletic. Yet they were still able to make layups on just about every possession. Arizona was playing a defense-optional NBA All Star game style, as if they did not respect their opponent one bit. It's mystifying why they play pants on fire style against us consistently but so lazy in the NCAA. Their sadness is my joy though.

I forgot one. These doofuses have also been to the same number of Final Fours as Arizona.

1236742743.0.jpg
Can't see that without thinking of his girlfriend
1711740775150.png
Something we would expect from the school that gives us
1711740829461.png
Why do I get the impression that they are a significant step down from Matt's Community College in Nebraska.

I only caught the last 5 mins of the AZ Clemson game. Clemson seemed to be way less athletic. Yet they were still able to make layups on just about every possession. Arizona was playing a defense-optional NBA All Star game style, as if they did not respect their opponent one bit. It's mystifying why they play pants on fire style against us consistently but so lazy in the NCAA. Their sadness is my joy though.
They had short spurts where they played really well but they weren't consistent at all last night. They'd go on runs, catch up, and then give it all away again.

Trending toward an NC State blowout, after which Shaka will be asking "who the heck made these guys an ELEVEN seed????" Marquette not just missing easy layups, they are missing dunks too.

True. Clemson was playing great fundamental BB, and it seemed like it was baffling to AZ….

Is it a rule that the Purdue coach has to have an oversized anvil of a head that put his mother into a body cast for a broken pelvis?
Yeah, he looks like a guy that the UAW shoulda had threatening to bust legs during the recent strike. Very B1G…..

Back