What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

We could've used a 3-26 from three run from Marquette. Marquette had a stretch in the mid-second where they were chucking it up from outside the stripe instead of working the paint, but they also had some really good looks that clanked.

Braden Smith put on a show tonight for Purdue. Elite tournament guard play.

Angry Rob Lowe GIF by britbox

I think it has surpassed Oakland as the story of the tournament now.

Only bigger ones that could materialize would be a repeat by UConn or if Purdue pulls a UVA by winning it.

I don't think there's any question it's the story of the tournament now, especially when you throw in the ACC tourney run. Which you really have to because their NCAA hopes were on the line in all 5 games in the ACC tourney.

I don't think there's any question it's the story of the tournament now, especially when you throw in the ACC tourney run. Which you really have to because their NCAA hopes were on the line in all 5 games in the ACC tourney.
Definitely. 8 elimination games in a row is no easy feat in either the ACC or the NCCA Tourney. It's special.

Houston has turned into a MASH unit. Tough, talented group to keep clawing and keep this a 2 point game. Duke foul situation could make them less aggressive in the paint, which would play perfectly into UH's hands.

I'm gonna b_walk NC State, but I don't care.

Teams that won 5 games in 5 days to win their conference tournament are now 10-0 all time in the NCAA tournament.

I think it has surpassed Oakland as the story of the tournament now.

Only bigger ones that could materialize would be a repeat by UConn or if Purdue pulls a UVA by winning it.
Oh no question. I have the same take on Purdue that I did on UVA in 2019. I'll believe it when I see it.

You know who might be the big winner of tonight? Tennessee. Houston's out, and Purdue's beatable. Tennessee would be a solid story-Rick Barnes has basically done everything in college basketball but win a national title. Might be the best opportunity he's ever had to get to a championship game. The kind of defense they played tonight can beat a lot of people.

Last edited:
We could've used a 3-26 from three run from Marquette. Marquette had a stretch in the mid-second where they were chucking it up from outside the stripe instead of working the paint, but they also had some really good looks that clanked.
I loved this year's CU team, and I love Tad as a coach and a man.

Its hard not to look at the Marquette game as a missed opportunity. Had our defense been a bit better than it was, we're playing Duke tomorrow IMO.

On the women's side, Juju Watkins is special. She will take over the media darling role CC has this year.

I hope we can see Juju vs. Clark this year.

These are two really solid teams. UConn is going to murder either one of them.

Gonna be a great run for whichever of these teams advances to their first Final 4 but at the same time feels like a South Carolina type team from a few years ago that made a Final 4 run. And they have the bad fortune of being matched up against UConn in the national semifinals as you said.

Back