What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

An oddity from the women's side. 4 Sweet 16 games played with the 3 point line 6" or so off. Counting practice, each player must take 1000 3s during the year. How could someone not notice?

"While the NCAA did not provide details, one 3-point line near the top of the key appeared to be about 6 inches closer to the basket than at the opposite end of the floor. The NCAA 3-point line is at 22 feet, 1 ¾ inches for both women and men."

An oddity from the women's side. 4 Sweet 16 games played with the 3 point line 6" or so off. Counting practice, each player must take 1000 3s during the year. How could someone not notice?

"While the NCAA did not provide details, one 3-point line near the top of the key appeared to be about 6 inches closer to the basket than at the opposite end of the floor. The NCAA 3-point line is at 22 feet, 1 ¾ inches for both women and men."

What's even more ridiculous is that they are playing 2 regions on that court. Which means the NCAA only had 2 WBB courts to keep track of, and they still ****ed it up.

What's even more ridiculous is that they are playing 2 regions on that court. Which means the NCAA only had 2 WBB courts to keep track of, and they still ****ed it up.
The bunch of old, white, predominantly southern or Midwestern, white guys who pull the strings in the NCAA have chosen to ignore the crowds, the TV coverage, the national attention and recognize that the women's game is a big deal and deserves attention and resources.

Frankly even if it weren't getting the attention the women deserve to be treated like they matter but this is just another example of the NCAA proving how backwards they are.

Antifa!

LSU's having an off shooting night, but this is an outstanding defensive performance by Iowa. And Clark has had an all-time game so far.

We’re gonna get Clark against either JuJu or Paige B next too. This is amazing for this sport.

I get some people don't like women's sports - different strokes and all. But to say that WCBB level is poor is absolutely insane. It may not be your thing, but these games have been amazing. I honestly think outside of watching Burns Jr, I've had more fun watching the women's tourney than the mens this year and I don't know the last time I've been able to say that. For God's sake, no one is even talking about Paige Bueckers who was the national player of the year as a freshman, kicked ass as a sophomore despite a knee injury and then had to sit out last year because of an ACL.

I get some people don't like women's sports - different strokes and all. But to say that WCBB level is poor is absolutely insane. It may not be your thing, but these games have been amazing. I honestly think outside of watching Burns Jr, I've had more fun watching the women's tourney than the mens this year and I don't know the last time I've been able to say that. For God's sake, no one is even talking about Paige Bueckers who was the national player of the year as a freshman, kicked ass as a sophomore despite a knee injury and then had to sit out last year because of an ACL.
Paiges game is fun to watch.

Paiges game is fun to watch.
I'm biased because I enjoy UConn, but I love watching her. I was shocked that no one was discussing her as the best player in the game heading into this year and then CC went supernova and made me look stupider than normal.

I'm biased because I enjoy UConn, but I love watching her. I was shocked that no one was discussing her as the best player in the game heading into this year and then CC went supernova and made me look stupider than normal.
CC is obviously great. And stupid Steph 3s being a winning strategy is quite the spectacle to watch. But I prefer Paige slicing and dicing.

UConn is an amazing story this year. I know a lot of WBB fans consider UConn the evil empire of the sport and don't like Geno, but that comes with the territory when an organization has that much success. Paige's comeback is inspiring and the team making the Final Four despite half the roster out with injuries is a pretty awesome story of this tournament.

UConn is an amazing story this year. I know a lot of WBB fans consider UConn the evil empire of the sport and don't like Geno, but that comes with the territory when an organization has that much success. Paige's comeback is inspiring and the team making the Final Four despite half the roster out with injuries is a pretty awesome story of this tournament.
This is one of the most impressive coaching jobs in years.

Ok. You go enjoy it. I’m out on watching bad middle school basketball.
See Ya Adele GIF by E!

Back