What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

But if you put CC on the floor with a men’s team, she wouldn’t score anything and nobody would talk about her. It shows that the women’s game is inferior.

-old guy

But if you put CC on the floor with a men’s team, she wouldn’t score anything and nobody would talk about her. It shows that the women’s game is inferior.

-old guy
You know women’s sports has arrived when fossils like Bob Ryan are out there talking about how back his day their players were so much better than CC, JuJu, Angel and Paige.

The quality of play and depth of talent is so much better in WBB than it has ever been. So I give the nod to players of today who are dominating against tougher competition. Not that I don't think great players of 10, 20 or 30 years ago wouldn't be great today (they might be better players than they were since iron sharpens iron), but it's pretty obvious by the eyeball test that night in and night out WBB is now at a much higher level.

The quality of play and depth of talent is so much better in WBB than it has ever been. So I give the nod to players of today who are dominating against tougher competition. Not that I don't think great players of 10, 20 or 30 years ago wouldn't be great today (they might be better players than they were since iron sharpens iron), but it's pretty obvious by the eyeball test that night in and night out WBB is now at a much higher level.
Watching Paige yesterday was mind boggling. And Geno is the John Wooden of the women’s game, whether people like it or not. Pat Summit being a very close 2nd…..

More parody now. See programs like Iowa.
Parody - an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect:"the movie is a parody of the horror genre"

Struck me funny.

Parity though is a big part of why the interest is growing so fast.

A few years ago before the tourney even started it was pretty easy to name the Sweet 16, the Final 4, and usually who would win it.

Now there are so many quality players and teams that outcomes are in doubt and there is no guarantee of getting past early rounds for most teams.

A lot of very competitive games with the outcome in doubt until the final buzzer.

Doesn't always work out this way, but the 2 teams largely considered to be the biggest snubs that ended up on the wrong side of the bubble - Indiana State & Seton Hall - are playing in the NIT title game.

Geno Auriemma is outcoaching Iowa's coach so bad it doesn't matter who is on the court. Iowa's coach looks like a deer in the headlights. Weren't they in the national championship last year?

Geno Auriemma is outcoaching Iowa's coach so bad it doesn't matter who is on the court. Iowa's coach looks like a deer in the headlights. Weren't they in the national championship last year?
I'm a little behind but I kind of disagree. I don't think it's a coaching issue. Iowa just can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I'm all caught up. I helped. Caitlin Clark finds her groove in the second half. I'm rooting for her.

Refs are legitimately pretty bad in this Iowa versus UConn women's game.

There have been some really bad calls for both sides.

Refs are legitimately pretty bad in all of women's basketball games I have watch this year.

And last year.

And before.
Great game despite it though. Anybody not following this is doing the disservice to themself.

The reaction will be interesting. If that happened in a Men’s Final Four (and it wouldn’t - it’s beyond comprehension) the media and fans would be up in arms.

My wife: “This is why women’s basketball still sucks “
We're by chance those refs from the PAC12?

Actually by the book the call was right, Edwards put a forearm in the defenders face and impeded her movement. It would have been controversial had the play resulted in a UConn bucket and lead.

With that though in the last seconds of a game with a trip to the NC on the line I think most refs would not make the call. Have to give Marshall credit for selling the call as well. She was solide on both ends all night.

We're by chance those refs from the PAC12?

Actually by the book the call was right, Edwards put a forearm in the defenders face and impeded her movement. It would have been controversial had the play resulted in a UConn bucket and lead.

With that though in the last seconds of a game with a trip to the NC on the line I think most refs would not make the call. Have to give Marshall credit for selling the call as well. She was solide on both ends all night.
No. It would not be controversial to basketball players and knowledgeable fans if a borderline offensive off ball foul wasn't called on the deciding play with 4 seconds left. That's bullsh!t and inexcusable officiating.

Per my Twitter feed. Pretty much everyone seems outraged by that call.

Back