What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

The difference in size and length has been understated. If you put a 6'2" guy on Burns, that guy would struggle.

Well of course but there was a thought that Burns would have an advantage with his bulk plus he's quicker than Edey. But Keatts quickly realized that wasn't gonna work and he pulled Burns out to the perimeter fairly early on. Middlebrooks did a decent job defending Edey.

Beat her to the spot and leaned into contact. I saw no problem with that screen. I'd complain about it in the first minute of a game, but at least then I'd be saying, "So that's how they're calling it today. Just keep it consistent and the players will adjust."
By rule, it's a foul. Did you see an elbow make contact with the Iowa player right before the call is made?

By rule, it's a foul. Did you see an elbow make contact with the Iowa player right before the call is made?
She definitely leaned out with the forearm, but I think that happened off the player running into her rather than her extending to pop someone who was running bye her. She's the bigger and stronger person. Her mistake was not flopping to make it look like she got steamrolled by an out of control defender who didn't have situational awareness arrived to run through her to get where she wanted to go.

As for whether it was a foul, I don't care. By rule, there are multiple fouls and infractions on every possession. Very few get called and given that this was an off ball judgment call with 4 seconds left, the whistle should never be blown on it.

UConn closed that so impressively.

Can't wait for Monday. Absolute heavyweight fight to decide the champion.

She definitely leaned out with the forearm, but I think that happened off the player running into her rather than her extending to pop someone who was running bye her. She's the bigger and stronger person. Her mistake was not flopping to make it look like she got steamrolled by an out of control defender who didn't have situational awareness arrived to run through her to get where she wanted to go.

As for whether it was a foul, I don't care. By rule, there are multiple fouls and infractions on every possession. Very few get called and given that this was an off ball judgment call with 4 seconds left, the whistle should never be blown on it.
Not only is it a foul, but there's enough there to where it needs to be called.

Here's the other thing though-this was a bad year in college officiating. I'm going to focus more on the men because I follow that closer, but it's both them and the women. Look at the official working her alma mater on the women's side. Sanford-Kansas. CU-Arizona in Boulder.....where that crew struggled to keep control. The coaches box issues.

I see a lot of people at that level who need to be shown the door. I also don't think younger officials are developed like they need to be, and Terry Oglesby working his third national title game in a row shows that. Don't get me wrong-hes one of the best in the sport, and he's one I watch to see what I can pick up. I wonder about recruitment, retention, and training when I see that though.

So because of that we should let the play go?
Weird take. Tacitly approving something throughout the game but then pulling the rug when the game is on the line seems like a strange officiating philosophy.

I’m not referring specifically to the Iowa game, just officiating in general.

Back