What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

I don't really have a dog in this fight (but am a slight USC lean), but I am enjoying Iowa players reacting to legitimate foul calls against them as if they've been personally violated.

Hat tip to Caitlin. She’s incredible. But that SC team was just too damn good. You can see how they earned that #1 defensive ranking.

To play as tough as they did on the perimeter and still be able to effectively deny shots from midrange and at the rim was kind of amazing.

Congrats to the Gamecocks
Really like the way South Carolina is coached by Dawn Staley, who I think is by far the best coach in women's basketball
The Freshman are amazing and every single player contributed
I do not think Iowa Basketball will be anywhere near even a 1st round NCAA win again for the next 5 years unless some real studs come in, but congrats to them being so good the past 3 years, especially when you have a generational player like Caitlin

Mulkey probably knew she was going to lose and needed the excuse.
Comparing Mulkey to Staley, and maybe LSU can just fall apart and no longer get anymore great players. Mulkey is a complex mess

South Carolina is the new gold standard, and I would love to see Geno retire out of the sport as well. Prefer all women's BB teams to be coached by women

Comparing Mulkey to Staley, and maybe LSU can just fall apart and no longer get anymore great players. Mulkey is a complex mess

South Carolina is the new gold standard, and I would love to see Geno retire out of the sport as well. Prefer all women's BB teams to be coached by women
For the first 30 years of D1 WBB, it was necessary to have a good number of male HCs. Now I can't imagine hiring a man for the job if I was an AD.

I don't really have a dog in this fight (but am a slight USC lean), but I am enjoying Iowa players reacting to legitimate foul calls against them as if they've been personally violated.

USC lost in the Elite Eight to UCONN.

I realize this is a me issue considering she’s projected to be a top 4 pick in the draft but how have I not heard more about Cardoso? She’s incredible out there.
Hat tip to Caitlin. She’s incredible. But that SC team was just too damn good. You can see how they earned that #1 defensive ranking.
Obviously Clark got the lion's share of the attention, not surprising considering the numbers she put up and Cardoso absolutely deserves the attention that a star gets but my impression was that without their stars both of those teams would have still gone deep into this tournament. Maybe not to the final game but deep. There were a lot of very high quality players out there for both teams.

The stars deserve to be stars but they certainly didn't get there on their own, these are good teams. Iowa is a team deserving of a championship but South Carolina deserved it more.

I watched the Iowa, South Carolina game. South Carolina was clearly the better team, except for the start. I'm pretty sure I heard them say something I couldn't quite believe though. Iowa's bench got out scored fvcking 37-0 and they lost by 12, I think? I was thinking, I had to hear that wrong. How the fvck are you gonna lose by 12 if that was the case?

Iowa had the best player in the tournament, but it was a victory to even keep it close considering how outmatched they were underneath. South Carolina is huge. Somebody said that Iowa's Achilles' heel was size in the front court, and USC made them pay.

I also liked USC's defensive intensity.

Somebody asked about Cardoso and her draft prospects. I don't know what the WNBA values in incoming draft prospects, but as amazing as she was underneath, she was pretty much a liability outside of the blocks. She needs to work on her jumper and her passing game if she's going to dominate at a higher level. Right now it's just about her being huge.

I watched the Iowa, South Carolina game. South Carolina was clearly the better team, except for the start. I'm pretty sure I heard them say something I couldn't quite believe though. Iowa's bench got out scored fvcking 37-0 and they lost by 12, I think? I was thinking, I had to hear that wrong. How the fvck are you gonna lose by 12 if that was the case?
Iowa is extremely reliant on their starting five. Nothing on the bench.

Edey has been terrific so far. He has to be this good the whole way if Purdue wants to win.

If Edey goes to block a shot, no one else from Purdue is rebounding. Really fun game so far.

It’s amazing that Danny and Bobby Hurley are brothers. How did Bobby not get any of the coaching genes?

UConn is relentless with the pressure they apply on both ends. Purdue is doing a great job of handling it. Fantastic game.

Edey needs to do more of that up and under move, it was textbook. He plays too one handed, but yeah, he isn't getting much help.

all I can think about during this halftime show is SNL dragging Chuck for being a college bball and geopolitical commentator and knowing nothing about either

Back