What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #3 seed MEN'S bball (Las Vegas; their 1st game vs. #6 Utah/ #11 ASU winner, Thurs., 3/14, 9:30 PM MT, FS1)

Not quite a lock just yet. According to CBS after tonight's win we are still in the Last Four In group, only ahead of Pitt right now. If we lose to Oregon, they steal either our bid or Pitt's and then one more stolen bid like a NC State would bounce the other one out too. So it's pretty much a must-win tomorrow..
This graphic was shown right before halftime of the CSU/NM game which is currently at the half.

View attachment 70475
I think that was his bracket from this morning and they just edited the records. Palm doesn't re-do it in real time. Pretty sure that they misrepresented that.

I've been talking up the bookend finish since the last home game and am pissed AZ f*cked up the symmetry. We should punish Oregon accordingly tomorrow! Will be wearing the orange-gold P12 tourney chaps tee tomorrow and nervously hoping BD, Diop, and Ruffin can eat some significant minutes.
Let's ****ing Go!

Not quite a lock just yet. According to CBS after tonight's win we are still in the Last Four In group, only ahead of Pitt right now. If we lose to Oregon, they steal either our bid or Pitt's and then one more stolen bid like a NC State would bounce the other one out too. So it's pretty much a must-win tomorrow..
This graphic was shown right before halftime of the CSU/NM game which is currently at the half.

View attachment 70475
Do y’all remember when I said I was pissed because it felt like the goalposts were always moving?

There was a time when if CU beat Oregon in Eugene that CU was a lock.

Do y’all remember when I said I was pissed because it felt like the goalposts were always moving?

There was a time when if CU beat Oregon in Eugene that CU was a lock.
I think we're in a new era. CU = eyeballs and clicks. New football fans that have CU in their twitter feeds are more likely to keep clicking if CU isn't a lock. CU was what, a 22 win in Tad's first year when they played for real in the NIT and got to 24 wins. IIRC CU was 21 or 22 at the end of B12 play when they got snubbed from that dance.
This year CU is on a 8 GWST and a team that has shown in February and March it will battle to the buzzer. Lunardi and other eyeball sites may have them on the bubble, but the committee doesn't want to waste a national draw and hot team on a play-in.
CU should avoid a play-in, and with a win tomorrow.....avoid the dreaded 8/9?

Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! On the way to PAC 12 Tournament MVP?

Lambkin post game, when asked what this team has shown the NCAA Selection Committee, “we got grit, we not gonna quit”.

So if I understand correctly, we hurt ourselves by beating Utah because we lowered their net rank, which made our previous win no longer a quad 1. So Lundari dropped us below St John, who strategically lost. And now he’s saying we need to lose again to keep our place in the last 4 in. A win will put us in the last 4 out. He’s taking away the auto bid. Got it. Bottom line, fire Tad.

I don't follow the lunardi types.
Has he been asked why he puts CU lower than their stats and rankings should dictate?
has he explained his hate of CU BB?

He must be buddies with one of the coaches Tad called a cheat

Way to go Buffs!

(I will now go into the original post and add links to media for tomorrow's game and info on the opponent (Ducks). The game is scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM MT on Fox.)

Looks like an alley oop pass from Cody to Dak. Beautiful.!!! In real time looked like a missed shot

Has he been asked why he puts CU lower than their stats and rankings should dictate?

BPI. He factors it in and nobody else does.

KJ on the P12 post-game seemed fine, no questions or comments on any injury. Commentator does note "bloody knuckles"
(who is the #4 Buff in the white shirt?)

KJ on the P12 post-game seemed fine, no questions or comments on any injury. Commentator does note "bloody knuckles"
That’s great to hear about KJ. I was afraid he broke his hand when it first happened.

I know that #4 Buff. He was also involved in a dispute over putting a knee defender clip on a woman’s chair on a flight to Denver a few years ago. They diverted the flight to Chicago. He was even interviewed on CNN about it.

Media after the win over the Cougars:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/3/15/mens-basketball-buffs-vs-wsu

"

Buffs Top Washington State To Advance To Pac-12 Title Game​

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

LAS VEGAS —
Colorado's defense came through in the clutch Friday and the Buffaloes took a 58-52 win over Washington State to advance to Saturday's Pac-12 tournament championship game at T-Mobile Arena.

Tad Boyle's third-seeded Buffs, who won their eighth straight game to improve to 24-9, will face Oregon in the 7 p.m (MT) title game (Fox). The fourth-seeded Ducks advanced by upsetting top seed Arizona, 67-59.

Second seed Washington State dropped to 24-9.

The win gives the Buffs another crucial addition to their NCAA Tournament resumé, with nearly all projections having the Buffs in the field.

But Colorado can make sure there is no question about advancing by beating the Ducks on Saturday and clinching the Pac-12's automatic berth. CU won both matchups with Oregon this year in the regular season, taking an 86-70 win in Boulder in mid-January and a 79-75 victory in Eugene just last week.

Colorado led the Cougars for most of the game Friday, taking a four-point lead into halftime and pushing the margin to nine early in the second half. But WSU rallied to momentarily take the lead with just more than three minutes to play.

The Buffs, though, kept their composure and quickly regained the edge, then came up with two big defensive stops in the final minute to collect the win.

KJ Simpson led CU with 16 points and seven rebounds, Tristan da Silva added 13 points and J'Vonne Hadley scored 12 points and dished out four assists.

Isaac Jones led WSU with 13.

The Buffs' 58 points were their second-lowest point total of the season, but it was enough to beat the Cougars. Colorado shot just 43 percent (22-for-51), including a 3-for-15 night from long range.

But CU held Washington State to 42 percent shooting (22-for-52), including a 4-for-19 effort from beyond the arc. Colorado also forced 19 WSU turnovers and converted them into 16 points and the Buffs hit 11 of 17 free throw tries while the Cougars were 4-for-7 from the stripe.

"That was a helluva college basketball game," Boyle said. It wasn't the prettiest game by any means, but we had two teams out there just

battling and getting after it … We forced them into 19 turnovers and our pressure, I think, got to them. I'm just so proud of these guys, just the fight and the grit they played with down the stretch. We made plays when we had to make plays."

The Buffs now have a unique opportunity in the Pac-12 era. CU won the very first Pac-12 tourney title in 2012 and could win the last one with a victory over Oregon on Saturday.

"I think it's appropriate that we're in the championship game the last year of the Pac-12 and we won it the first year of the Pac-12," Boyle said. "We're going to have to play a hell of a game tomorrow to win. It's not going to be easy, but we'll be ready."

The Buffs could also establish the all-time program record for victories in a season with a win Saturday. CU tied the record of 24, reached twice previously, with the win over the Cougars.

DECISIVE MOMENT: Washington State seemed to be grabbing momentum down the stretch, finally taking a 50-49 lead with 3:11 to play. But the Buffs answered with two Simpson free throws before a da Silva steal set up a Hadley layup to give CU a three-point lead. Colorado then held the Cougars off down the stretch.

WHAT IT MEANS: The victory should cement at least an NCAA Tournament at-large bid, but the Buffs can guarantee themselves a berth with a win over Oregon on Saturday.

KEY STATISTICS: Colorado shot just 43 percent (22-for-51), including a 3-for-15 night from long range, while the Cougars shot 42 percent (22-for-52), including a 4-for-19 effort from beyond the arc … The Buffs forced 19 WSU turnovers and converted them into 16 points and the Buffs hit 11 of 17 free throw tries while the Cougars were 4-for-7 from the stripe.

NEXT UP: The Buffs face Oregon in Saturday's 7 p.m. (MT) championship game (Fox).
"
_________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/washington-state/boxscore/17000

Quotes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2024/3/16/Quotes_Colorado_WSU_Pac-12.pdf

I don’t know about you but I’m a Bangot Dak fan.
Yes GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Oh yes! Right here in my daily journal…”Denver_sc posted that he was pissed because he felt the goalposts were moving. Such bold and insightful writing, I especially love the football metaphor to make a basketball point.”

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to him but he's also hard to avoid since he's on ESPN about 700 times a day during all these conference tournaments, but I haven't heard him say much at all about us or the Pac12.

I think we should be in, no questions asked. But history…..so we need to win tonight. Oregon and NC St could each steal a bid, not good for anyone on the bubble.

Hopefully KJ is healthy and rested, he’s carried the team the last few weeks but was a little out of control last night jumping out of the gym on defense to block shots or get rebounds, and being overly aggressive on the two plays he got hurt (hand on the far sideline, the coach hurdle/Rice tackle on the near sideline). He did not need to be in either situation. All of that led to him looking completely gassed. If he is well rested and plays under control, we’ll be in good shape. Would be nice to see Cody discover a little touch and become a threat offensively too.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to him but he's also hard to avoid since he's on ESPN about 700 times a day during all these conference tournaments, but I haven't heard him say much at all about us or the Pac12.
That's the point.

He's a St. Joe's guy who lives in a regional hoops bubble. He can almost certainly tell you more about Lehigh than he can tell you about Grand Canyon.

I actually think that some of the east coast bias right now is that these guys like Lunardi are having trouble with how many bids could be coming from west of the Mississippi this year.

Lunardi just playing with us now has us not only in the tourney, but winning the P12 tourney (aq) and then for giggles has us playing Nebraska

IMG_1205.png

Back