What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #3 seed MEN'S bball (Las Vegas; their 1st game vs. #6 Utah/ #11 ASU winner, Thurs., 3/14, 9:30 PM MT, FS1)

Frankly, if they're going to talk about Ohio State, Seton Hall, NC State, Iowa, Northwestern, Virginia or Providence in a bubble conversation today then they should also be talking about Oregon even with a loss today.
Are people seriously talking about those schools outside of NC State potentially getting the ACC AQ?

I actually think that some of the east coast bias right now is that these guys like Lunardi are having trouble with how many bids could be coming from west of the Mississippi this year.

I heard an interview with some guy who covers the ACC the other morning and he threw out the comment that western basketball isn't that good this year. Which is true if you're only talking about the very top of CBB but you know many in the media take that mindset out of context and make the leap that nobody out west is that good.

I swear some people in the media will probably be shocked to find out that 6 MWC teams will likely end up making the tournament. And of course you'll have a minimum of 3 in the Pac12 with decent seeds plus BYU, Gonzaga and St. Mary's.

Composite http://www.bracketmatrix.com/#google_vignette

Northwestern - 9
Seton Hall - 11
Virginia - 11
Providence - 1st 4 out
Ohio State - last out

Iowa was on there yesterday but dropped out.
I guess I overlooked when you put northwestern in your original post, but I continue to be baffled by the love for Seton Hall.

Here’s a quick look:
2035606F-B1F5-48DD-BCB6-25F1F3F89390.jpeg

I’d have a hard time putting Oregon higher than most of those teams but they compare well with Seton Hall.

Yup, that's what I was looking at too. Only thing is I don't think all the brackets have been updated in the last day or 2
The other thing is a lot of bracketologists have USF snagging the AAC aq bid and FAU getting an at-large. I think that's possible if FAU wins today to make the Final, but if they lose today to a less than mediocre Temple squad, there's no way FAU gets a bid and it opens a slot. Failing that, FAU needs to win the aq bid so the AAC is 1-bid.

Cody played himself off the court on the defensive side of the ball tonight. Gave up key rebounds too. No time left to get back in the groove either. He's just not up to the intensity of March basketball. Missed too much time. Crazy he's gonna go in the top 10 of the draft and unable to break into our top 5 during closing time.

Radio guys talking about some big problems going on with KJs left hand. Gonna be classic buff **** when he can't go tomorrow or is 50%.
Can we change Snow's username to chicken little?

Cody looked like he maybe started to turn the corner at the end. Not only is he shaking off rust, but he's never faced March Madness intensity.
I'd say you can see his talent at moments and his desire to make a difference, but either he lacks chemistry with the team to pass and play a team game, or he has a bit of Melo in him...but unlike Melo, he has missed too much time this year to be ready for the moment.

First of all, we're gonna win today so none of this matters.

That said, we have to win because I don't see the committee putting in four P12 teams. A month ago, it was two for sure, and maybe three depending on how CU, Utah and Oregon finished. I don't see them expanding P12 slots to 4 just because we've feasted on ourselves and it's supposedly a "down" year for the conference. It's crazy to think a team on an 8-game winning streak, with 3 road wins and 2 neutral site wins in that streak, could be at risk. But I think with our VERY weak non-con schedule, East Coast bias and just some bad luck, we're still right on the bubble.

Just. Win. Baby. SKO Buffs!

First of all, we're gonna win today so none of this matters.

That said, we have to win because I don't see the committee putting in four P12 teams. A month ago, it was two for sure, and maybe three depending on how CU, Utah and Oregon finished. I don't see them expanding P12 slots to 4 just because we've feasted on ourselves and it's supposedly a "down" year for the conference. It's crazy to think a team on an 8-game winning streak, with 3 road wins and 2 neutral site wins in that streak, could be at risk. But I think with our VERY weak non-con schedule, East Coast bias and just some bad luck, we're still right on the bubble.

Just. Win. Baby. SKO Buffs!
I’m not sure how I feel about optimistic Seattlebuff. Next thing you know @ZandiBuff is going to post about how he wants the team to figure things out when the opponents go on a run and we shouldn’t call time out and @Darth Snow is going to be positive.

Cody looked like he maybe started to turn the corner at the end. Not only is he shaking off rust, but he's never faced March Madness intensity.
I really want him to take a hard drive through contact and dunk on somebody.

He had a few nice drives through contact last night but still seemed a bit hesitant.

He’s so f’ing gifted, just need to shake off that rust and we could be in for something special.

How can you be this obtuse?
HO8Z.gif

I really want him to take a hard drive through contact and dunk on somebody.

He had a few nice drives through contact last night but still seemed a bit hesitant.

He’s so f’ing gifted, just need to shake off that rust and we could be in for something special.

Is 'specialer' a word?

Cody, but also BD and Ruffin are going to have to have 'A' games off the bench. KJ and Tristan have put up massive minutes.

I heard an interview with some guy who covers the ACC the other morning and he threw out the comment that western basketball isn't that good this year. Which is true if you're only talking about the very top of CBB but you know many in the media take that mindset out of context and make the leap that nobody out west is that good.

I swear some people in the media will probably be shocked to find out that 6 MWC teams will likely end up making the tournament. And of course you'll have a minimum of 3 in the Pac12 with decent seeds plus BYU, Gonzaga and St. Mary's.
Three years ago the PAC XII was under-represented, and a couple teams were under-seeded, and the conference sent three teams to the Elite 8.

Back