What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

re: transfer class rankings

those who track this stuff closely, I seem to remember criticisms from last year that the systems were flawed and only tracked incoming but not outgoing or something like that.

is that still the case? what's the most respected ranking for transfer classes?

I find it interesting that ESPN ran a top headline when Tank (mediocre at best OT) announced he was going into the portal.

When the #1 OT in the country commits, not a word in the headlines:
1701987301100.png

I find it interesting that ESPN ran a top headline when Tank (mediocre at best OT) announced he was going into the portal.

When the #1 OT in the country commits, not a word in the headlines:
View attachment 67810

2 reasons in my opinion:

1. They’re butt hurt that Seaton broke the news on Fox.

2. ESPN wants Prime in the SEC where they control the SEC Network and get all the eyeballs/ratings that come with a Coach Prime football game. That’s why Stephen A is is always saying Prime should go to the SEC and is hating on CU.

- Looks like CU can get the big boys to come to CU Stephen A. You can F**k off Stephen A!!

2 reasons in my opinion:

1. They’re butt hurt that Seaton broke the news on Fox.

2. ESPN wants Prime in the SEC where they control the SEC Network and get all the eyeballs/ratings that come with a Coach Prime football game. That’s why Stephen A is is always saying Prime should go to the SEC and is hating on CU.

- Looks like CU can get the big boys to come to CU Stephen A. You can F**k off Stephen A!!
Maybe ESPN should force the SEC to extend an invite to CU

re: transfer class rankings

those who track this stuff closely, I seem to remember criticisms from last year that the systems were flawed and only tracked incoming but not outgoing or something like that.

is that still the case? what's the most respected ranking for transfer classes?
There is no good method, and this year will be even worse. The rankings only count for additions, without netting out subtractions and, as we saw last year, they have trouble adjusting to quantity. Watch the individual rankings and if we add highly ranked players at positions of need, it was a good year.

John Lee Eldridge III and Caleb Rillos from AFA in the portal as grad transfers. Rillos is a really good TE IMO. He was a threat in their passing game, and if you start at Air Force there......you have to be able to run block. I'd take a flyer on both guys if we don't have to jump through all kinds of hoops for them.

Back