What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

If we hire Coach Early...

Dana is a helluva OC. Not so much as a HC. Talent & resources at UH have significantly exceeded results the past few seasons.
The University of Houston has always been so weird to me. Just base of the name, that it’s a public school blows my mind (like Auburn or Clemson). They have one of the highest avg salaries post graduation. Huge student population, but they are a commuter school. Have a Heisman, basketball natty. Pretty standard colors but do it worse than anyone. And like nik said - talent and resources in a recruiting hotbed…but just can’t get there.

The University of Houston has always been so weird to me. Just base of the name, that it’s a public school blows my mind (like Auburn or Clemson). They have one of the highest avg salaries post graduation. Huge student population, but they are a commuter school. Have a Heisman, basketball natty. Pretty standard colors but do it worse than anyone. And like nik said - talent and resources in a recruiting hotbed…but just can’t get there.
Part of their problem was they’ve been wandering in the desert of college athletics ever since the South West Conference merged with the Big 8. Lack of revenue from their conference and little exposure hurt recruiting a lot when there were 5 other Texas schools in power 5 conferences. About 10 years ago they decided to get serious about athletics with a new chancellor and some key donors i.e. Tillman Fertitta - UH’s version of T Boone Pickens. They have since built a new $100 million on campus stadium, $20 million dollar football indoor practice field, a $25 million dollar basketball operations center and spent $40 million on the remodeled basketball arena (Fertitta Center). They are in the process of building a $125 million dollar football operations center on the end of their stadium. I got my undergrad at CU and my masters at UH and while CU is always number 1 for me, I do give UH credit for going all in and doing their best they can with trying to be competitive. I think the Big XII will help them and they will be a top 4 or 5 in the conference in a few years. They may not ever win a football natty but I think they have potential to be a consistent top 25 team with their facilities and recruiting location.

I’m sure the “skeptics” won’t stop chirping after we have another monstrous crooting weekend for both lines…
The same people who drove a narrative that it was falling apart due to a few coaching changes, decommitments and portal entries to start the offseason are reacting to all the successes with "offseason don't matter, it's all about how you do on the field."

It's almost as though they move the bars and it's about something other than what actually occurs. 🤔

The same people who drove a narrative that it was falling apart due to a few coaching changes, decommitments and portal entries to start the offseason are reacting to all the successes with "offseason don't matter, it's all about how you do on the field."

It's almost as though they move the bars and it's about something other than what actually occurs. 🤔
course diss GIF

Back