What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

theme playing GIF by Kim Asendorf

I wish descriptions on players going into portal had their recent stats, not necessarily how many stars they had coming out of high school. Some show impressive recent stats and those are the ones that get me more excited. Sometimes high star players don't turn out great - we've seen that before.
What have you done for me lately...

Is this a scenario where Sal can carry some of the coaching weight if the recruiting is worth it?
I assume the DL and DE practice together quite a bit and when they don't, I have faith that Sapp can work on technique and other "tricks of the trade" with his guys. I mean, he was a physically gifted beast, but I assume he also knows a thing or two about the position.

I assume the DL and DE practice together quite a bit and when they don't, I have faith that Sapp can work on technique and other "tricks of the trade" with his guys. I mean, he was a physically gifted beast, but I assume he also knows a thing or two about the position.
Right but can he teach things he was probably able to do with natural ease?

Same could be said for Prime, yet we sit here and say over and over, "this CB recruit can come learn from the GOAT".

I'll say it again, Prime is a Head Coach at this level because of his recruiting and relationship building abilities. That's also the only reason Sapp would be brought in. Charles Kelly and Sean Lewis (now possibly Pat Shurmur) are the x's and o's coaches.

This is essentially the only practical reason you bring Sapp in as an on-field coach. To win recruiting battles for elite DL.
Recruiting is 80% of the assistant coach job.

What's the concern about on-field coaching? Do you doubt that Sapp knows techniques as well as other DL coaches? How to play specific to assignment within the defense? If he's able to motivate guys to go hard? I'm honestly confused about what the concern might be. In my mind the question is never about whether a guy of Sapp's stature can coach, but rather about whether he would have a passion for it. And he found out that he did when he volunteered this year. So what's the concern?

I think a better question is why anyone would trust someone who didn't have NFL ability (most coaches) to be able to relate to blue chip recruits. They're like priests giving marriage counseling in many cases. It takes those guys years on the job before they are able to effectively coach guys at this level.

Recruiting is 80% of the assistant coach job.

What's the concern about on-field coaching? Do you doubt that Sapp knows techniques as well as other DL coaches? How to play specific to assignment within the defense? If he's able to motivate guys to go hard? I'm honestly confused about what the concern might be. In my mind the question is never about whether a guy of Sapp's stature can coach, but rather about whether he would have a passion for it. And he found out that he did when he volunteered this year. So what's the concern?
Keep reading. I don't really have much concern. Warren Sapp is probably this programs best chance at getting elite DL talents. If he can do that, he'll look like an amazing coach.

Dawg Unc W. Sapp will have a ton of credibility with these dudes. If he can translate that into even 2-3 recruiting wins, this is a grand slam hire. Colorado isn’t even in the conversation for the guys he’ll get access to this offseason.

So Sapp is going to find the CU bag fund a few million $?

Could Mikey Harrison be leveraging a scholly and possibly come back? I hate losing a player like Mikey who has busted his ass and can positively impact the game.

Back