What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Someone said they were going to be in on Malachi Nelson, but that’s a huge gamble for a program
Entrusting a QB whose only accomplishments at the college level is going 1-3 for 0 yards against San Jose State is an insane gamble for a program like Miami.

I know that he was behind Caleb Williams at USC, but even Miller Moss seems to have been firmly ahead of him before he chose to transfer.

I just don’t see how you can possibly sell the boosters at Miami that this is the answer for next season with all the resources that they have committed recently.

Maybe it works out for them, but jobs are definitely on the line if he’s their choice and it doesn’t!

It’s crazy to me how many of that first highly rated NIL class at Texas A&M are headed to their third school. Some attrition is normal, but what they hell did they do down there!??!
Was that a rhetorical question?

58Isjk.gif

It’s crazy to me how many of that first highly rated NIL class at Texas A&M are headed to their third school. Some attrition is normal, but what they hell did they do down there!??!

In over the summer, the IRS started sniffing around A&M's 12th Man+ NIL fund, sending a letter in August putting their 501(c)(3) status is jeopardy and indicating that they would be taxing donations. Also, this fund was part of the school's foundation. In June, the NCAA stepped in saying schools could not operate their own collectives, but Texas state law was changed to permit that, however federal taxes issues remained a problem. 501(c)(3) donations for charities, schools, and general scholarships are deductible; but not for paying targeted individual deals or sports-related deals. Therefore, A&M immediately shut the NIL fund down.

They launched a new fund in September with Texas Aggies United. Under this fund, all donations were taxed. Businesses may be able to write-off some taxes, if they get advertising or something like that out of it. Rumors were that individuals later taxed under the old fund, were very upset. Thus, the new fund had a shortfall, and A&M could not honor most of the NIL deals. They just do not have the money.

In over the summer, the IRS started sniffing around A&M's 12th Man+ NIL fund, sending a letter in August putting their 501(c)(3) status is jeopardy and indicating that they would be taxing donations. Also, this fund was part of the school's foundation. In June, the NCAA stepped in saying schools could not operate their own collectives, but Texas state law was changed to permit that, however federal taxes issues remained a problem. 501(c)(3) donations for charities, schools, and general scholarships are deductible; but not for paying targeted individual deals or sports-related deals. Therefore, A&M immediately shut the NIL fund down.

They launched a new fund in September with Texas Aggies United. Under this fund, all donations were taxed. Businesses may be able to write-off some taxes, if they get advertising or something like that out of it. Rumors were that individuals later taxed under the old fund, were very upset. Thus, the new fund had a shortfall, and A&M could not honor most of the NIL deals. They just do not have the money.

1704231177665.gif

Not pay them what was promised is the word on the street
Yeah, but to repeat: why are so many of them transferring a second time?

My bet is that after getting stiffed in College Station, a lot of them (and/or their families) ended up in meaningful debt and they needed to take the biggest bag regardless of what they thought of the school. Once they got the credit cards paid off, they are now free to make a decision that accounts for more than just $.

My bet is that after getting stiffed in College Station, a lot of them (and/or their families) ended up in meaningful debt and they needed to take the biggest bag regardless of what they thought of the school. Once they got the credit cards paid off, they are now free to make a decision that accounts for more than just $.
I think it's more about what Prime has been vocal about wanting to avoid- college players chasing the bag before having proven themselves, then not putting in the work to earn that paycheck. Most of that class has underachieved relative to their rankings so far, and there were some locker room issues last season.

I doubt it - but it does make me wonder if the fix was in with the recruiting services.

This makes me sad

Back