What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

He does sound quite sadz…

Chuck and Ricky
Wait For Me GIF by Australian Survivor

Situation is very fluid. Washington hasn't offered NIL yet. In fact, it seems the boosters want Fisch to focus on bringing the players who entered the portal back to Washington first. I am also hearing Washington has an insane amount of NIL remaining which is insane at this point of the year. I wouldn't get too happy if I am Arizona. Once the boosters allow the coaches to reach out to their former players with NIL packages, most of these players will leave. At the end of the day, I am told Zona is at their NIL max and their players aren't in the top 45 of NIL. So this one could take some time. Washington has time, they do split semesters.

That said, this is great that Noah and T-Mac aren't leaving them for other schools that have major NIL deals. I am told Noah and T-Mac are in the six figures range like a basketball player but Washington can offer 2 mil per. That's how big their NIL is. They paid a lot of players on last year's team handsomely and it was well worth it.

It feels to me like there are a bunch of players from big time programs in the portal while we are taking guys from New Mexico State, Vanderbilt and Indiana. Am I wrong?
From what I've read here, Prime isn't going to get into bidding wars on players. We have some NIL to play with, but if someone is just looking for the biggest bag, it won't be CU.

For as much as people say "CU can't develop a culture with that many transfers", this seems to be the right way to ensure players are coming here for the correct reasons.

From what I've read here, Prime isn't going to get into bidding wars on players. We have some NIL to play with, but if someone is just looking for the biggest bag, it won't be CU.

For as much as people say "CU can't develop a culture with that many transfers", this seems to be the right way to ensure players are coming here for the correct reasons.
I think that's a big part of it. If a guy was a starter for a program that likely pays its players more than CU does, I think it's very unlikely that CU is going to offer a package that entices him to leave, let alone one that outbids all other programs vying for his services. Maybe in future years when we will only have a few priority needs, but we're needing to fill 20+ transfer slots this year.

It feels to me like there are a bunch of players from big time programs in the portal while we are taking guys from New Mexico State, Vanderbilt and Indiana. Am I wrong?
Good players can play at smaller schools or bad programs.

Christian Gonzalez was at CU and transferred to Oregon and was a first round draft pick. Doubt the Oregon fans were lamenting taking a player from a garbage CU team.

That Vanderbilt WR looks like he is really good. I don’t remember the other guys you’re alluding to but I’m sure they have tape the coaching staff liked.

Good players can play at smaller schools or bad programs.

Christian Gonzalez was at CU and transferred to Oregon and was a first round draft pick. Doubt the Oregon fans were lamenting taking a player from a garbage CU team.

That Vanderbilt WR looks like he is really good. I don’t remember the other guys you’re alluding to but I’m sure they have tape the coaching staff liked.

The 3rd year DE from NMSU that played very little there fits the bill.

The WR from Vanderbilt is better than most players from big time programs.

There was another player from Indiana who got poached by Oregon.

You can't judge a player based on where do they come from. We had plenty of players from Bama/FSU, turns out they are mostly JAG. Judge them based on how did they perform.

Huh? You add the best players you can. Why does it matter what school they came from?

Back