What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

For me, all the value would be gone if I "bought" a title. This isn't pro sports.

Alabama, Georgia, Ohio state, Michigan, auburn, Florida state, Clemson, and UCF have all bought their national championships.

so actually you do have to buy it.

Started at LT. Good transfer prospect. I'm trying to wrap my head around how someone has been in college for 4 years and still has 3 years of eligibility.

2020 was covid, then a redshirt and a medical hardship so only 1 year that counted? Maybe?

I think you got it. Medical, COVID, and redshirt. Alto has an extra due to redshirt and medical

That line is blurry now and is going to get hard to see pretty quickly.

All it’s going to take is for the NFL to realize their historical pipeline of talent is actually real competition. At that point, hold on tight.
College ball simply will never catch the NFL.

Oddly though, college ball has become more widely popular since essentially becoming minor league NFL.

Twitter link not working

View attachment 69223
Looks like he's a Padres fan and is that a fruit basket I see on his left leg? Tasteful!

a christmas story GIF

My gut says wherever he goes it won't be his last stop. With some of these dudes you just want to say, "Go somewhere where you know you'll start, put up good numbers, have some fun and set yourself up for a shot at the league." Too may of these guys have been told they're the best ever at their position and can't lose and are now delusional in thinking they're gonna be the best wherever they go.

Bill O’Brien has already out recruited our entire OC staff. Incredible.

It's funny that not only do the financial aid agreements not matter at all for transfers, meaning they can always choose somewhere else to go up until they enroll in classes, but signing a NLI no longer matters either. So if there's no longer anything that is actually binding between a school and a recruit, why is there a National Signing Day at all?

Also, these are now professional athletes and while they are not employed by the school, they are ALL getting paid something (at least all the guys at the top 40-50 programs). I no longer take the stance that they should have free movement at will. Get rid of signing day altogether and either get rid of the unlimited transfer rule (unlikely), or tighten up the portal entry periods. If a coach leaves, players get one week (not 30 days) to enter and then it closes.

Signing a national letter of intent and then another program coming in and deciding to offer you more money and that player bailing right before classes start is silly.

It's funny that not only do the financial aid agreements not matter at all for transfers, meaning they can always choose somewhere else to go up until they enroll in classes, but signing a NLI no longer matters either. So if there's no longer anything that is actually binding between a school and a recruit, why is there a National Signing Day at all?

Also, these are now professional athletes and while they are not employed by the school, they are ALL getting paid something (at least all the guys at the top 40-50 programs). I no longer take the stance that they should have free movement at will. Get rid of signing day altogether and either get rid of the unlimited transfer rule (unlikely), or tighten up the portal entry periods. If a coach leaves, players get one week (not 30 days) to enter and then it closes.

Signing a national letter of intent and then another program coming in and deciding to offer you more money and that player bailing right before classes start is silly.

There needs to be some protection for players against injury, etc. We probably need to see a players union at some point which makes this a mini NFL.

Back