What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

My gut says wherever he goes it won't be his last stop. With some of these dudes you just want to say, "Go somewhere where you know you'll start, put up good numbers, have some fun and set yourself up for a shot at the league." Too may of these guys have been told they're the best ever at their position and can't lose and are now delusional in thinking they're gonna be the best wherever they go.
So true.....

Reminds of that Valor kid that bounced around forever and finished up he illustrious career at Nova Scotia U or somewhere like that

There needs to be some protection for players against injury, etc. We probably need to see a players union at some point which makes this a mini NFL.
What protection does there need to be against injury? Like a medical hardship waiver for an extra year of eligibility? Or are you referring to financial protection via their NIL deals?

If players are going to be treated as employees, contracts (NLI's) should be legally binding for however many years a school wants to commit to.

The players should also be legally bound by NIL deals and have buyouts if they choose to switch schools.

espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39337111/miami-te-cam-mccormick-granted-ninth-year-eligibility

This is just crazy

I didnt think you could be that old in college football without being an Australian kicker/punter
Brandon Kyle Weeden (born October 14, 1983) is a former American football quarterback who played in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons. After pursuing a baseball career from 2002 to 2006, Weeden enrolled at Oklahoma State University to play college football. Selected 22nd overall by the Cleveland Browns in the 2012 NFL Draft, he was the NFL's oldest first round selection at age 28. Weeden served as the Browns' starter during his rookie season and spent the remainder of his career as backup on the Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, and Tennessee Titans.

I mean, that's what they have now. I get that it's technically a year to year scholarship, but only if they **** up or flunk out.

Until the last couple years, Universities/ADs had all the power and leverage which was not fair, but the pendulum has swung too far the other way at this point.
I'm generally surprised that buy-out clauses have not yet become standard expectations for nli bags. It's not like the players have competent agents advising them on these deals, so it seems to me that they'd be pretty ****ing easy for the co-ops to write into paragraph 28(a) without a whole lot of objection.

Back