What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Have we heard about this?

The fact that they’re touting a 62 yard field goal is freakin’ embarrassing. It was on tik tok, during the offseason, no rush, on a practice field, with his dad, with a very stiff wind behind him. Good lord.

• Haha
Reactions: GRM
The fact that they’re touting a 62 yard field goal is freakin’ embarrassing. It was on tik tok, during the offseason, no rush, on a practice field, with his dad, with a very stiff wind behind him. Good lord.
I think it’s just meant to show he has a pretty good leg. Not sure why you get so bent out of shape over these things, primarily about kids from Colorado

Lama does have this weird hard on against all Colorado preos in every sport (except Mikey Lewis), but he's not 100% off base here. That's why this kid is a walk on.
That's simply not true. Six Zero puts out amazing Colorado preps every cycle. They do truly wonderous things.
FTR - I really liked Assane Diop coming out of HS as well as Mikey Lewis. (y)

That's simply not true. Six Zero puts out amazing Colorado preps every cycle. They do truly wonderous things.
FTR - I really liked Assane Diop coming out of HS as well as Mikey Lewis. (y)
As for CU recruits, I liked JJ Billingsley, Jon Major, and Ryan Miller coming out of high school. Kids that went elsewhere: CMac was an obvious stud, Trey McBride was a hell of an athlete, Kalen Balage and Adrian Jackson looked like men amongst boys.

As for CU recruits, I liked JJ Billingsley, Jon Major, and Ryan Miller coming out of high school. Kids that went elsewhere: CMac was an obvious stud, Trey McBride was a hell of an athlete, Kalen Balage and Adrian Jackson looked like men amongst boys.

Worthington, Lynott, Phil Lindsay, and even Jake Wray (he started 4 years in P65) were all solid/good. Zinlinkis may fit the mold in a few years.

Who? Forgive me, I'm 35.
Freddie Steinmark (January 27, 1949 – June 6, 1971) was an American college football player, whose diagnosis of bone cancer and subsequent leg amputation during his junior year with the University of Texas Longhorns provided an inspiration for the team's national championship that year.[1] His life has since been the subject of a number of inspirational books and a movie.

Football career[edit]​

Steinmark was a member of the 1969 Texas Longhorns football team, which won a national championship.

Texas beat the 1969 Arkansas Razorbacks football team 15-14 in the "Game of the Century" on December 6, 1969. Two days later, x-rays revealed a bone tumor just above his left knee. A biopsy confirmed the tumor was malignant osteogenic sarcoma, and he was treated at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. On December 12, 1969, his leg was amputated at the hip.[2]

Twenty days later, he stood on the sideline with his team as Texas defeated Notre Dame in the 1970 Cotton Bowl Classic on New Year's Day. Steinmark's fight against cancer inspired the United States Congress to write the National Cancer Act of 1971 and President Richard Nixon to sign it into law, thus beginning the "War on Cancer".[3]

Autobiography[edit]​

In 1971, with the help of Dallas Times Herald sports editor Blackie Sherrod, Steinmark wrote and published his autobiography I Play to Win.[4] The book was published posthumously, almost 3 months after Steinmark's death. Steinmark is the subject of the 2015 movie My All American, and a coinciding biography Freddie Steinmark: Faith, Family, Football, published by the University of Texas Press (September 1, 2015).[1] Steinmark died on June 6, 1971, at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. He was a Roman Catholic.[5]

Legacy[edit]​

Steinmark was honored with the Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium's scoreboard on September 23, 1972. The current version of the Freddie Steinmark scoreboard, nicknamed Godzillatron, stands forty-seven-feet high.[6]

On November 7, 2015, the University of Texas Longhorns rededicated the scoreboard to Steinmark in a ceremony attended by the Steinmark family and many previous Longhorn players.[7] The Longhorns wore throwback uniforms similar to those worn by the 1969 squad for their game against the Kansas Jayhawks, removing the "Texas" wordmark from the front of the jerseys, the TV numerals from the shoulder pads, and names from the back.[8] The helmets featured the decal for college football's centennial, which was celebrated in 1969.[8]

1712612580111.png
Freddie Joe Steinmark enters the Hall of Fame via several routes: as an outstanding athlete at Wheat Ridge High School and the University of Texas; as a courageous individual best expressed in the he book he authored…”I Play To Win”…; and as an inspiration that continues to influence the lives of many.
Steinmark died of cancer at 10:30 p.m., June 6th 1971; 48 days after doctors gave him only hours to live. He was 22 years old.
The dramatic turn in what appeared to be the development of All-America defensive back with the Texas Longhorns, came shockingly and stunningly swift. In the 10th game of Steinmark’s junior season, he was named the game’s outstanding defensive back as No. 1 Texas, defeated second-ranked Arkansas in a thriller, 15-14. It meant the national title to Texas.
Texas was in the midst of putting together a string of 31 straight wins and Steinmark played in 21 of these.
But Steinmark complained of a “mushy” aching in his left leg just above the knee for part of his junior year. He played the entire Razorback game and then submitted to x-rays for further examination. Surgery was ordered and Steinmark was told that if the leg were malignant it would come off immediately. Steinmark understood.
Freddie Joe did not require much psychological attention. He was his own best therapist. He soon set out on crutch as prosthesis on a series of appearances that would aid in the amassing of many dollars The American Cancer Society.
He was honored at the While House and by sportswriters and organizations all across the country.
“Most of all, we like to think that Freddie had something to do with President Nixon spearheading the largest appropriation ever for cancer research,” his father Fred Steinmark said.
Freddie Joe began playing football at the age of seven with the North Denver Rough Riders in the Young American League in Denver.
He lettered three years in football and baseball at Wheat Ridge High School and was named All-Metro and All-State in both sports.
At Texas, Steinmark was All-Southwest Conference his junior year and was honorable mention All-American.
Freddie Joe’s book is out of print now, but Texas high school football coaches still use copies to hand out players in their “must read” program.
Another honor for Freddie Joe Steinmark came when the new scoreboard at Memorial Stadium in Austin was dedicated by the University to their former student athlete. That would appeal to a ‘defensive back.’

I play to win.

Empower Field at Mile High

I could give sh!t where he’s from. I know he’s not good enough to play here.
The article said he would likely not actually play much, would be behind three other kickers, and would be a walk-on. That’s exactly the kind of guy we want to have as a walk-on. Costs nothing and might be a worthwhile pick up. No downside at all.

I guess I’ve been that delusional about the Buffs in the past
In the past? :ROFLMAO: You are delusional now if you think 2 decent LB's will right the LB room - as long as Hart is giving the assignments, it doesn't matter who you put out there, they will be out of position.
I kid.... kind of

In the past? :ROFLMAO: You are delusional now if you think 2 decent LB's will right the LB room - as long as Hart is giving the assignments, it doesn't matter who you put out there, they will be out of position.
I kid.... kind of
We are banking on a Head Coach with exactly 4 years of coaching experience to get CU back among the top 10-15 programs in the country…. It’s the Jimmies and Joes my friend

He was set to “make” $400k
Show me his commercials and endorsements
Nothing on google search
Oh and he got arrested on DUI last year
NIL is more like NUT (Not Under the Table)
Dumb And Dumber GIF

Back