What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 winter workouts

There is an old saying that the reason you bring a consultant into your company is because the opinion doesn't matter unless it originates from at least 100 miles away.
I saw this same behavior in the Navy. We had a senior enlisted man who provided his opinion about how to repair a piece of gear onboard and the CO disregarded it as incompetence. But the following year, that same Sailor transferred to SIMA (Shore Intermediate Maintenance Activity) and when he came onboard, his opinion suddenly was gospel.

I saw this same behavior in the Navy. We had a senior enlisted man who provided his opinion about how to repair a piece of gear onboard and the CO disregarded it as incompetence. But the following year, that same Sailor transferred to SIMA (Shore Intermediate Maintenance Activity) and when he came onboard, his opinion suddenly was gospel.
The value of the advice is directly proportional to how much was paid for the advice.

I've always said a consultant's job is to provide cover and justification for whatever changes the CEO wants to implement.

The value of the advice is directly proportional to how much was paid for the advice.

I've always said a consultant's job is to provide cover and justification for whatever changes the CEO wants to implement.
Michael Scott Sentence GIF

We used to bring guys/groups like this into offseason workouts when I coached. These guys were basically saying and teaching the same things we were. After hearing it over and over from us though, players would tune us out. It was crazy to watch the team lock onto to something and really buy in to something they had heard 100 times before simply because they were hearing it from a different source, in a different way.

Hope that made sense. Haven't had my coffee yet.
So your teams didn’t inculcate themselves with this splooge until they heard it from a third party?

That reminds me of the XO from that same ship. During an Ops brief or a safety brief, he’d start rambling, and as soon as the CO would start nodding his head in agreement, the CO would turn it up to 11 on that topic. It was hilarious. And sad.
I'm gonna go out on a really strong and sturdy limb: Annapolis?

You shouldn't paint all consultants with the same brush.

Some of them are very valuable.

Chuck Neinas may have gotten paid a fortune by CU, but look at all the good he did us.

I trust/hope that you are kidding. Chuck Neinas did CU no real favors that I can recall. He was Mike Bohn's right hand man, and look at what happened to the Bohner at USC. Another lawsuit. Of the CU football hires/attempted hires:

1. Gary Barnett-- This was his best assist for CU, I thought GB was a good coach, but he had the scandal, the lawsuit, then the Bohner fired him.
2. Dan Hawkins--Bohner turned to Neinas again, we try to forget how that went--we hired the wrong guy Chris Peterson?
3. The Butch Jones debacle-- I guess we dodged a bullet; I think Todd Graham was Neinas recommendation too--another bullet dodged.
4. John Embree--as I recall he was hired again, as Bohn's consultant.
5. Mike Mac--good man and gave us one good season.

Other Neinas hiring wins:
1. Randy Shannon, Miami--lasted 4 seasons, the South Florida loss ended his tenure.
2. Butch Davis, North Carolina--the academic scandal, they forfeited 2 years of games and he was fired--he was there 4 seasons;
3. Ron Prince, K-State, lasted 2 years then huge lawsuit, a secret deferred compensation agreement between the former AD and Prince nobody knew about and K-State paid out millions. He only appeared once again as head coach of Howard. Fired for verbal abuse of players.
4. Ty Willingham, Notre Dame, 3 seasons (21-15) then destroyed UW's program, they went 0-12 his last season.
5. Chuck Long, San Diego State-- 9-27
6. Charlie Strong, Texas-- no winning seasons.
7. George O'Leary, Notre Dame-- fudged resume, never coached a game--Isn't this the due diligence Neinas was hired to do? Tied with Mike Price for the worst hire ever.

Neinas did have some successful hires, but many of the guys listed above are on the worst coaching hires ever list!! That is never good.He did do some good things for the Big 8 and Big 12, as I recall.

However, now we circle back to the Bohner fired for: hanky panky with a student/co-worker; being a known hair sniffer, unwanted toucher/masseuse, and maker of unwanted advances/odd sexual statements. I think he sort of comes in somewhere between Anthony Weiner (the worst) and either of the Cuomo brothers. Did Neinas firm do the bg check from Cinci for Bohner's SC hire? I could not do enough research, I don't know if Neinas was engaged in these hires, but the following picture posts are welcome additions to brighten any day:

1. Bobby Petrino and his student assistant with the moped. She was way too hot for Bobby and he was holding on for dear life!
2. Richrod's similar debacle, as I recall she was hot too.
3. Rick Petino and the lady of the evening busted by the FBI for extortion.
4. Any picture of Mike Price at the strip club or didn't he have DUI footage b/c he was so hammered.

Maybe Phil D will become a hired "consultant" when he leaves?

Last edited:
Back