What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

If any of these young men are timid and weak, shame on them. But I don’t think most, if any, are and you shouldn’t imply that they are. The bulk of our guys were legit 3 star recruits. The bulk of them were freshmen and sophomores.

The issue isn’t their boldness or strength. It’s that a winning program needs higher level talent. I’m sorry, I know the team was awful and needs a much higher level of talent. But don’t disparage the guys that are there. And yeah, there are probably some that were slackers. But not most.
That was aimed at you not the kids.

Huskers over on Reddit are claiming Prime committed a few recruiting violations at the presser, specifically calling out his son as CU's QB as 'tampering'. I know you can't mention potential transfers by name but this seems relatively minor considering its his son.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I haven't read all the updates today

Huskers over on Reddit are claiming Prime committed a few recruiting violations at the presser, specifically calling out his son as CU's QB as 'tampering'. I know you can't mention potential transfers by name but this seems relatively minor considering its his son.

Take a bunch of huskers and a bag of dicks and you've got a bag of dicks.

Did he say his name associated with being the QB?

Listen, I’m fine with Prime telling them like it is and giving them the choice. But taking a kid’s scholarship isn’t a cool move. And I think Prime will not just cut guys unless there is some ulterior reason.

I’m not losing sleep over it one way or the other.

All these athletes across the country have been clamoring to get paid and to have their share of the pie. Well they got it. And they aren’t amateurs anymore.

They’re now are getting paid with a scholarship and the NIL and they can and will get fired from both for underperforming. Thats what they signed up for, imo.

Okay. Fine. But these kids may have chosen CU over other options. If they get cut they likely will not have options anymore. So you say “too bad. Screw ‘em.” Some of these kids are well along toward a CU degree and rely on their scholarship to complete their degree but you say, “too bad. Screw ‘em.” Nice.
It Is What It Is Nbc GIF by SVU

If any of these young men are timid and weak, shame on them. But I don’t think most, if any, are and you shouldn’t imply that they are. The bulk of our guys were legit 3 star recruits. The bulk of them were freshmen and sophomores.

The issue isn’t their boldness or strength. It’s that a winning program needs higher level talent. I’m sorry, I know the team was awful and needs a much higher level of talent. But don’t disparage the guys that are there. And yeah, there are probably some that were slackers. But not most.
This doesn't carry the weight you think it does. Just sayin'.

That seems way high. Prime won't want a bunch of 1 and done types, so he's got to balance classes still for the most part.
Why are transfers one and done? That number would include 25 freshmen and 40 transfers which would range from 1-4 years of eligibility remaining.
I guess the real question...Are there 20 players on our current team that he wants to keep?

Why are transfers one and done? That number would include 25 freshmen and 40 transfers which would range from 1-4 years of eligibility remaining.
I guess the real question...Are there 20 players on our current team that he wants to keep?
I hope not

Back