What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Truly. How many Safeties have we had who were legit return threats (recently)? I like the addition of speed in our depth wherever we get it.
Hmmm. A 4* recruit plus athlete who is good on special teams and started a few games is hungry to show what he can do in a new place. So many stories like that with the transfers we've landed. We will have so much depth and competition that we will see guys bust out all over the roster to become NFL picks.

The fact that we can field a full defense of ACC & SEC guys is intriguing. And the guys below don't even represent our best lineup.

Team speed is going to be completely different ... and I expect on par with Oregon and USC who have the best talent in the Pac12.

SEC & ACC guys only >>

CB: Jaquez Robinson
CB: Omarion Cooper / Breedlove
S: Slusher
S: Jay / Tisdale
LB: Kennedy
LB: Bentley
Star: Gant
DL: McClendon / JJ. Hawkins
DL: Domenick / A. Walker
DL: Bishop Thomas
DL: Amari McNeil

Hunter and Cormani were ACC flips as well and a few other JSU guys were probably in the mix to be ACC or SEC players as well were it not for Prime. Fun to consider the possibilities of what's to come .... AND we're not done. Still holding out hope for Shone at DL.

Hmmm. A 4* recruit plus athlete who is good on special teams and started a few games is hungry to show what he can do in a new place. So many stories like that with the transfers we've landed. We will have so much depth and competition that we will see guys bust out all over the roster to become NFL picks.
Or will EVERYONE transfer. That’s my biggest fear honestly.

Or will EVERYONE transfer. That’s my biggest fear honestly.
Coach Prime will want several to transfer. Many of the transfers coming in have potential but have yet to develop or shine. The truth is, several will not and CP will want to replace them with other transfers. This is not a one and done flip of the roster, transfers are now a part of the landscape. I mean, if Alabama and Georgia have lots of transfers, so will everyone else. Look at Air Force's transfer numbers.

There won’t be nearly as many transfers next year simply because not everyone (maybe no one) will get a waiver to transfer twice, and Prime won’t have the new coach exception for pushing kids out. I also believe there’s some APR rules for transfers that make it hard to keep churning the majority of the roster.

Coach Prime will want several to transfer. Many of the transfers coming in have potential but have yet to develop or shine. The truth is, several will not and CP will want to replace them with other transfers. This is not a one and done flip of the roster, transfers are now a part of the landscape. I mean, if Alabama and Georgia have lots of transfers, so will everyone else. Look at Air Force's transfer numbers.
Transferring from Air Force has to come with weird additional issues.

There won’t be nearly as many transfers next year simply because not everyone (maybe no one) will get a waiver to transfer twice, and Prime won’t have the new coach exception for pushing kids out. I also believe there’s some APR rules for transfers that make it hard to keep churning the majority of the roster.
I disagree. A ton of the guys coming in will be eligible to be grad transfers. They are on 1 year tryouts. Take a look at how many guys coming in have 3 years and 3 summers already behind them. And with degree in hand, they will be "evaluated".

And no, there won't be "nearly as many" but there will still be a high number compared to what was normal.

23-24 academic year is the last year of the 25 initial counter waiver. We are limited to 25 new scholarships for fall 24. So any big movement would be brining in people for spring 24 and we would be limited by the 85. If you bring in 25 in the fall of 24 then you can't bring in any early enrollees or transfers in the spring of 25.

23-24 academic year is the last year of the 25 initial counter waiver. We are limited to 25 new scholarships for fall 24. So any big movement would be brining in people for spring 24 and we would be limited by the 85. If you bring in 25 in the fall of 24 then you can't bring in any early enrollees or transfers in the spring of 25.
In other words, after next year, it will take 2-3 years to accomplish what Prime has done in 6 months.

In other words, after next year, it will take 2-3 years to accomplish what Prime has done in 6 months.
Hmm. Is that true? If a newly hired coach can get rid of as many players as he wants, won’t he still be able to bring in unlimited transfers? I thought the 25 limit only applied to high school recruits? At least I assumed that. I surely could be wrong. Someone will correct me. I’m too lazy to Google.

No, no, not the wise one :LOL:
I was only expressing my humble opinion.

But your opinion doesn't hold any weight at all, since he is unable to use the portal and play at another school this season.

Thank you. It seems that hazing is everywhere :) What kind of beer do you like? Doesn't mean I'll buy it for you, just wondering.
It is more like beer and a sammich for the whole board. :giggle:

How does anyone limit themselves to one beer?? Among my favorites - Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter, St. Pauli Girl, Fat Tire and Modelo ***** are among my favorites depending on the sammich. Favorite sammich you ask?? Pastrami on rye.

Check out the "Beer on a Friday afternoon thread" for more on Allbuffs favorite beers.

Did the "*****" of Modelo get 'x'd out?

My roommate from Colorado visited in NJ and ordered a pastrami on rye, with Mayo

Back