What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Prime and his staff will have to be really judicious in how they manage the transfer portal. And this potential influx of transfers is going to shock the admissions office. There are bound to be glitches and even denials that are going to piss people off. So, to me, it will be incumbent on the new staff to strongly vet transfers. New players will have to be the right fit. There will be many numbers of reasons a 4 or 5 star guy wants to transfer and the staff will need to choose wisely.

Prime and his staff will have to be really judicious in how they manage the transfer portal. And this potential influx of transfers is going to shock the admissions office. There are bound to be glitches and even denials that are going to piss people off. So, to me, it will be incumbent on the new staff to strongly vet transfers. New players will have to be the right fit. There will be many numbers of reasons a 4 or 5 star guy wants to transfer and the staff will need to choose wisely.
I’m hesitant/scared/nervous about the mass portal play and how we are going to utilize the “new transfer rules”.

So how many times are you allowed to enter the transfer portal without sitting out a year? Is it still just one time or did they get rid of that rule?

Who all is going to actually stay on this team?
Prime won’t just cut guys who committed to play here. At least I hope not. Some will see the writing in the wall and transfer. But I’d imagine there are guys who love the school or just don’t feel they have other options who will stick it out and that’s okay. There will be a place for them but they are going to have to be willing to work their asses off with no guarantee they will ever see the field.

In his HS class, he was the number 6 overall recruit in 247, the 17th highest rated RB recruit of all time, and the 152nd highest rated recruit of all time regardless of position.

Of course, the 8th and 9th highest rated RB recruits of all time didn't exactly work out for CU.

jizz in my pants GIF

ASAP needs -
Offense
1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
OL (as many as possible)
Shedeur- QB1
Portal or HS - HB1, not sure what's the plan here. They got options.

For WR
I can see three WRs leaving JSU for Colorado. I already heard a top WR in the FCS is strongly considering Colorado who many P5s are after and JSU was after when he hit the portal. That WR room will likely be completely different. The one WR that probably will stay entered the portal and pulled himself out of it even with options because Prime wanted him. That was the weakest area I saw for Colorado with the secondary and DL.

Desmond Demas who's a 5 star from Texas A&M was a lock to go to JSU but he's mainly following Prime so he's going to Colorado too. Deion is probably bringing 10 4 and 5 star WRs. JSU WR room had 5 4 star WRs and most of them barely played. You gotta earn it with Prime. Of course, Travis plays some WR as well who's the national #1 recruit.

OL - JSU only got one really talented OL and that's Willis Patrick. This will be portal central as it was at JSU.

DL - Portal central

LB - Portal central and HS recruiting

DB - JSU and Portal central with HS recruiting.

In his HS class, he was the number 6 overall recruit in 247, the 17th highest rated RB recruit of all time, and the 152nd highest rated recruit of all time regardless of position.

Of course, the 8th and 9th highest rated RB recruits of all time didn't exactly work out for CU.
jizz in my pants GIF

Let’s be real - how good is Shedeur in the P5 realm. I watched him yesterday and he’s got mad skill. But some of the finer points on how he holds the ball, stands flat footed, etc - will that translate ok to P5?
I’m hoping so!
He's going to be really good with a chance to win the Heisman. I compare him to Bailey Zappe with a worse deep ball and better legs with a pre snap read as good as Jake Fromm out of Georgia. He's a very accurate and smart QB. He's constantly getting better. Pocket QB. Reader of the game.

He can play but he isn't quite a NFL prospect yet. He's close. That deep ball has to improve and obviously you want to see his style of QB against better competition. If he was a freak athletic with great size, I wouldn't care but he's a cerebral QB who's precision based. I definitely think he could be a 1st round pick in time. I would like to see him behind a much better OL. JSU OL is not good at all. It's bad. Decent in the SWAC and good in some games but overall, most of these kids aren't talented on the OL.

If I had to compare him to Cam Ward. I would say when Cam left UIW, he was more talented, a lot less polished. Even Lindsey Scott Jr who replaced Ward put up superior numbers with far less natural talent than Ward. Sanders is talented but not overly talented. He's overly smart and extremely accurate. Does not miss many throws and you don't see as many spectacular catches because his balls are on target. You do see him some WR drops though. Shedeur is always improving. I'll say that as well. His mobility is miles better this year, than last year.

I'll say he's better than Ward when Ward came out but he's not as talented as Ward. I saw a lot of Ward at UIW. I also saw a number of Scott Jr games at UIW. Who you have around Sanders will matter even more than Ward because Sanders is not as talented.

ASAP needs -
Offense
1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
OL (as many as possible)
Ha. That’s an entire starting offense. Sad, but SO true. The only kids we presently have that should be in the new mix that come to mind at 5am are RB Hank, the freshman WR Tyson, OL Van Wells, Tank, and maybe two of the young TEs. Maybe there are a few more.

Last edited:
Back