What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

NCAA created a rule around 2014 allowing 4 year scholarships (previous rule only allowed year-to-year commitments). This was done at the request of the schools to help recruiting. The PAC-12 was the first conference to mandate it for football in response to some of the blowback that SEC schools were doing by oversigning and then cutting existing kids.
So, I basically got it right! Thanks!

"....if you know what I know"

One of the most basic rules of sales is that once you have learned what the other party is looking for and established that you can satisfy it... you have earned the right to ask for their commitment. Too many people don't ask. Often because they don't believe they deserve that business well beyond anyone else the other party may be talking to. Coach Prime does not suffer from a lack of that belief. It's unfathomable to him that any other offer is better than his.

One of the most basic rules of sales is that once you have learned what the other party is looking for and established that you can satisfy it... you have earned the right to ask for their commitment. Too many people don't ask. Often because they don't believe they deserve that business well beyond anyone else the other party may be talking to. Coach Prime does not suffer from a lack of that belief. It's unfathomable to him that any other offer is better than his.
yep the response to the question is not implied, it is compelled. the timing, well, is now; else, it's a courtesy he extends to you. it's called bargaining power. he has all of it.

I was just leading a Miller-Heiman green sheet review two hours ago

The company I work for lives by this rule...

You want the sale, ask for it.
That’s what I like about Sanders. He presents the offer and is ready to make the sale. He doesn’t waste time and is a get-it-done kind of guy. He’s not about a lot of talk- he‘s about inviting people to commit to being a part of a team and the results you see on the field.

Playing at Kutztown State worked well for John Mobley

osc3ufogw2xco01pknet.jpg

mobley.jpg
My best friend went there. Not such a great place to visit.

This is where we stand now, per 24/7. I removed Wilson, and the points seen is up to date.

If you have any others you know of, I'll update again.

Obviously, Jordan Hall is the newest.

commits2.png

Hilarious that coach primes first commit is the lowest rated recruit in the class
Good sign, though, that his recruiting isn't just star chasing but actual evaluation.

I also think it shows that he knows he can always plug a gap with a transfer, so he can afford to develop a raw guy with NFL frame, athleticism and mentality.

I hope that DS is well-versed regarding CU's academic standards. It would suk if he took player 'A" instead of 'B' and "A' didn't qualify, Same vein, I hope he told the Jackson State guys he plans to bring in, it's subject to addmision standards. Personally, I think standards should be different for those pursuing a career in sports. Athletes can be paid while in school and can make as much or more coaching or playing after school. We're supposed to offer individuals the opportunity to flourish. But, there are likely CU academics who aren't happy to see DS

Good sign, though, that his recruiting isn't just star chasing but actual evaluation.

I also think it shows that he knows he can always plug a gap with a transfer, so he can afford to develop a raw guy with NFL frame, athleticism and mentality.
It’s awesome. So different from the past when we’d be excited to get a 3 star or only be chasing 3 stars and a 4 star was a rarity and 5 star almost unheard of. Now a 3* is an outlier and a special exception. Thank you coach Sanders. It’s made this fun and exciting again.

I hope that DS is well-versed regarding CU's academic standards. It would suk if he took player 'A" instead of 'B' and "A' didn't qualify, Same vein, I hope he told the Jackson State guys he plans to bring in, it's subject to addmision standards. Personally, I think standards should be different for those pursuing a career in sports.
When the application is stamped with "Football" it is a different admissions standard. They understand it's a merit scholarship for a prospective student who brings something unique which will better the university in non-traditional ways. Just as I wouldn't expect a great artist to be denied because she got C's in math.

I keep going back to my feelings about Chance Lytle when he was on the field for us. I didn't think he had what it took.

Transfers to Duke and starts for a P5 team going bowling this year.

Our issues have been much more about coaching and culture than about not having viable P5 players. Not enough depth and way too few NFL prospects, but we've had and have solid P5 contributors throughout the roster. It's nowhere as bad as most think.
Yup, it’s a team game.

Back