What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Brian Calhoun?
now I remember.... Calhoun is single candidly the reason why I didn't go to the CU NU games after his 2002 rushing performance.

I made a promise to my close CU friend and traveling football partner that I would go to every CU-NU game IN Lincoln until we won because of the way we were treated in 1992. I endured 94,96,98,and 00 losses (some downright heartbreakers) and finally we won 28-13 in 2002 behind the rushing of Calhoun and our FullBack Drumm.

What caught my attention is the team at the top of the list, CSU. Obviously trying to escape Colorado before they have to go up against the coach Prime led Colorado Buffaloes.
I’m surprised by that too. As much as I can’t stand the annoying Ram fans, I’d like for both programs to be competitive again. Their new coach has just had 1 season- I think he’s someone who seemed like a really good hire for them a year ago? What’s going on up there it Ft Collins?

I’m surprised by that too. As much as I can’t stand the annoying Ram fans, I’d like for both programs to be competitive again. Their new coach has just had 1 season- I think he’s someone who seemed like a really good hire for them a year ago? What’s going on up there it Ft Collins?
Good question, because something seems to be going on that the players aren't down with.

thanks for posting! other than Saliman's vague comment, this is the first media report that at least I've seen on the subject. I think we all believed it true b/c otherwise why would Sanders come, but it's nice to have something more substantial.

unfortunately though, no details. it's not clear if the university is addressing the "syllabi must be identical" requirement or the "credits from majors we don't offer will still count toward something at CU" issue or both. much less how.

I assume he meant to say 'tools' and not 'skills', but jeez
Agree with this post. It’s refreshing after being told to just “believe” it was happening. But I still don’t believe that it’s happening.

Nah. I’m good.

While it will be a big benefit for prime pulling CU from the depths of Hades, I've never thought this was going to be good for college sports and may turn me off to it at some point. Still though, GO BUFFS!
It definitely doesn't feel good when you aren't the buyer. Losing 20 to 25 kids to the portal + graduation.... you've got teams turning over 40% of their roster or even more

There's a 4 star OL from Oregon hitting the portal. Just saying.

Re: CSU. I know we like to give them **** and their fans can be annoying, but I think they're about to take our place as the worst program in FBS, and that kinda sucks. I always want to beat them into submission in the 1st quarter every time we play, but them being decent (as long as we're much better) is more fun.

Last edited:

Re: CSU. I know we like to give them **** and their fans can be annoying, but I think they're about to take our place as the worst program in FBS, and that kinda sucks. I always want to beat them into submission in the 1st quarter every time we play, but then being decent (as long as we're much better) is more fun.
I loved their hire of Jay Norvell and I don't quite understand why it isn't working out

Re: CSU. I know we like to give them **** and their fans can be annoying, but I think they're about to take our place as the worst program in FBS, and that kinda sucks. I always want to beat them into submission in the 1st quarter every time we play, but then being decent (as long as we're much better) is more fun.
They will still always beat New Mexico, so there's that.

The reason that Alabama is so high on this list is actually why this is happening at all.

Gone are the days where a staff can grab a bunch of 4- and 5- stars and expect them to sit for 3 years or more.

It's the next step in the evolution of the college football scene.

Having said that, I think there should be a little bit more revision done to where a kid only has one 'immediate eligibility' transfer. That might at least give pause a kid who wants to just jump the first time things seem to not be going his/her way.

Last edited:

The CSU team did have a rough year but I thought had great potential to become a much better team. I don't think the portal does any favors when a coach is trying to build up a program. I don't think this world of instant gratification helps.

There has been a ton of things to follow, but those changes, in general terms, have been known and discussed on this board for a couple of weeks now. Yes, the transfer issue was real, highly debilitating to using the transfer portal, and have now been largely fixed. This time last year, 80% of the portal players were unavailable to CU. Now it’s less than 20%, according to reporting.
As someone who reads Allbuffs daily, I can't understand how I missed the "weeks worth of discussion". In fact, I don't think these changes in transfer rules have been mentioned since DS came on board. Please point out where I'm wrong - something in this thread?

As someone who reads Allbuffs daily, I can't understand how I missed the "weeks worth of discussion". In fact, I don't think these changes in transfer rules have been mentioned since DS came on board. Please point out where I'm wrong - something in this thread?
Here's the official announcement. I believe Barnett said something like 57% of potential transfers qualified last year based in the criteria, this year is expected to be 97%

You did miss it . It has been talked about in multiple threads. Look for it.

Here's the official announcement. I believe Barnett said something like 57% of potential transfers qualified last year based in the criteria, this year is expected to be 97%

Worth clarifying, 97% reflects those kids who've already met the eligibility requirements mandated by the NCAA. In other words, they are enrolled and satisfying eligibility requirements such as adequate progress towards attaining a degree.

Commentary, 57% seems high based on all the excuses from KD. I maintain that while that was certainly a contributing factor, the biggest factor was complete and total mismanagement of the new landscape from the AD as a whole. Caught flat-footed on NIL. KD did not communicate with his players, etc. Sure 57% is a big handicap, but being unprepared seems like a bigger handicap.

I hated those uniforms.
My brain is like being the one person in the middle of a mosh pit trying to imagine how our uniforms are going to turn out with Coach Sanders. I know he loves him some bling and swag, but his JSU unis aren't crazy, but a little more than CU normally rolls with.

* Side note, when team changes uniforms and/or has numerous alternates - who actually pays for that?

My brain is like being the one person in the middle of a mosh pit trying to imagine how our uniforms are going to turn out with Coach Sanders. I know he loves him some bling and swag, but his JSU unis aren't crazy, but a little more than CU normally rolls with.

* Side note, when team changes uniforms and/or has numerous alternates - who actually pays for that?
I'm pretty sure the sponsoring clothing companies

You did miss it . It has been talked about in multiple threads. Look for it.
I would argue the proper way to phrase this would be "There was conjecture for weeks in multiple threads." But until that announcement was made, Dec 3 or thereabouts, nothing was official. I could probably go back and find the same discussion when we were hiring MacIntyre and Tucker.

Back