What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Remind me again of how many game winning FG chances we have had in the last.... let's go with 5 years.

Much less the pressure of 1st round playoffs.

If you are content scoring in 3's, you should be on bball. I want 6 at a time. Mata is serviceable, looks to be accurate.

Also, I don't recall downplaying the importance. Please quote that part alone for me.
I think the point of the discussion is that Becker was a highly rated (11 -15 in the country) kicker who seemed to be ok, yet a new kicker with arguably less impressive “stats” Is being brought in which pushed Becker out. Ergo, was that necessary?

I think the point of the discussion is that Becker was a highly rated (11 -15 in the country) kicker who seemed to be ok, yet a new kicker with arguably less impressive “stats” Is being brought in which pushed Becker out. Ergo, was that necessary?
Do teams normally only have one kicker on staff? What if Becker gets injured? We brought in a walk-in kicker and that was enough to scare Becker off. Sucks to see him go but also the sky is not falling here

If it's me, I'm new coach.... I want what I know and trust. It's all about relationships. New people always being in new people. It's done every single day.

Do teams normally only have one kicker on staff? What if Becker gets injured? We brought in a walk-in kicker and that was enough to scare Becker off. Sucks to see him go but also the sky is not falling here
I don’t know the whole situation, just pointing out why there’s some consternation on this board about this particular position. I’m not in the kicker business.

Unless he was specifically told to leave, Becker is the loser here. He could have highlighted his skills in front of a media machine. Not a smart move on his part.

I’ve said everything that I’m going to say about kickers.
peyton manning wtf GIF by Gatorade

This.

If i see one more argument about Mata and Becker i might die. Holy shlit, we get it Mata had a long of 38. Becker, much longer. Did you ever think maybe, just perhaps, the offense JSU ran they didn't consider a FG unless it was say. 4th and 10 from the 25yd line and out?

Perhaps, just maybe, the staff envisions a high powered offense from us this year. Just because our offense was anemic last season, and making it to the 40 was a win and we could trot out a FG attempt, doesn't mean that is the case this year. Why do we even consider that normal?

For the first time in roughly 20 seasons, we have a roster full of studs now (not even counting who is coming) . Kids from winners and bowl teams. Difference makers. Playmakers. We have likely the type of roster capable of a 6-8 win difference turn. We spend 10 posts on each of those.

And spent 20 pages on a kicker. Everyone concerned about FGs... **** that. I want tuddys. I want 500yds, not the ~150yds we got last year. At this point, after last year, i don't care if we go for it on 4th down EVERY single time. I want to be entertained and have hope for once.
Replace fetch with tuddys, that is up there with nattys and a horrible idea
1672851101978.png1672851160504.png

This.

If i see one more argument about Mata and Becker i might die. Holy shlit, we get it Mata had a long of 38. Becker, much longer. Did you ever think maybe, just perhaps, the offense JSU ran they didn't consider a FG unless it was say. 4th and 10 from the 25yd line and out?

Perhaps, just maybe, the staff envisions a high powered offense from us this year. Just because our offense was anemic last season, and making it to the 40 was a win and we could trot out a FG attempt, doesn't mean that is the case this year. Why do we even consider that normal?

For the first time in roughly 20 seasons, we have a roster full of studs now (not even counting who is coming) . Kids from winners and bowl teams. Difference makers. Playmakers. We have likely the type of roster capable of a 6-8 win difference turn. We spend 10 posts on each of those.

And spent 20 pages on a kicker. Everyone concerned about FGs... **** that. I want tuddys. I want 500yds, not the ~150yds we got last year. At this point, after last year, i don't care if we go for it on 4th down EVERY single time. I want to be entertained and have hope for once.
I'm for an offense that doesn't settle for FGs, so it's not a Mata issue at all. I want competition at all positions and I think Becker and Mata could have made each other better. This gives the impression Becker didn't want to compete for the starting job even though he'd be in the spotlight more than the past 2 years. The mindset is the most disappointing part and is further proof why we needed a culture change. Of course, this is under the assumption the coaching staff didn't tell him to go elsewhere. Lastly, I'm done talking about kickers.

This is a completely inane complaint, but didn't know where else to put it...

Someone can make millions by being a transfer portal statement consultant merely by overhauling the current
Title: God's Plan
Lede: "First and foremost...."
Transition: "With that being said,...." format.

Good lord it's annoying.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Becker was already going to the portal I won't believe otherwise. Figure the new kid has been kicking at near zero altitude add 5-10 yards to his distance at altitude and he has accuracy.
I don't think I need to remind anyone that Folsom has produced many NFL Punters/Kickers.

This is a completely inane complaint, but didn't know where else to put it...

Someone can make millions by being a transfer portal statement consultant merely by overhauling the current
Title: God's Plan
Lede: "First and foremost...."
Transition: "With that being said,...." format.

Good lord it's annoying.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Forgot one "Respect my decision"

Okay, maybe there is something here or maybe they're trolling. At least hope we can get Xavier on a visit.

USF DB Daquan Evans with a 😢 emoji in the replies is a little tragic, someone let him come along.

Sounds familiar....
Worse.

Their major donor was the crypto fraud. Amidst budget problems, they lost a 10-year $17.5M per stadium naming rights deal.

They've only signed 10 and have the #84 recruiting class.

With the portal, they're ranked #23 because the 4 guys they brought in are good players. But they've also had a dozen guys transfer out after the season ended, most already signed at P5 programs, so they lost good players.

Worse.

Their major donor was the crypto fraud. Amidst budget problems, they lost a 10-year $17.5M per stadium naming rights deal.

They've only signed 10 and have the #84 recruiting class.

With the portal, they're ranked #23 because the 4 guys they brought in are good players. But they've also had a dozen guys transfer out after the season ended, most already signed at P5 programs, so they lost good players.
All true, but I actually saw Wilcox show emotion once. So they have that going for them, which is nice.

Where is Sebastabear, or whatever his name was? He was a decent poster for a guy who couldn't get into Stanford.

Back