What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

Seems like a good hire

Great Job Reaction GIF

Real quick Danny Manning story...

In 1988, at the Seoul Olympics, Team USA basketball was required to go to a local US based military hospital. Danny Manning was an All-American and supposed to be the next great NBA player. Let's just say at the time he was pretty full of himself.
Danny walks into this kids room, not wanting to be there, and says to the little boy with terminal cancer "Hey, I'm Danny Manning" .
The kid looks up and says as he is able to tell that Danny is really genuine or caring "I don't know who you are and don't care to, get out of my room".

Not sure if humbling was the word, but the message did reach Danny Manning and have impact.

Now: Super excited for him to be on the bench and recruiting!!!

I woke up still giddy from from the Manning hire.

The future is bright!

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards
Agreed! Even though there's been a track record of big development in our program between Bari, Bey, Dre making it to the league and Battey, Jelly, heck even Lampkin made a jump over his TCU numbers, there's been players and even higher profile recruits that have stated that having two short assistant coaching bigs in Rohn and Grier might not excite certain players.

Again, I think our big development has been great but having a name and former player with Manning's pedigree is only going to be a plus on recruiting but also coaching the bigs will immediately have his respect as a guy that's done it at the highest level.

Back